What more can I do?

Started by tbhdying
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tbhdying

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I'll get straight to the point. I wanted to know what more I can do to enhance my candidacy when applying to gen surg. Since I am in 3rd year, I figured that I should ask now and give myself ample time to do these things.

US IMG (at one of the 3 carib so I would have 2 years of US clinical experience).
Got a 24x on step1. Trying to do my prep work to set myself up for a higher score on step 2. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
2 case reports and 1 systematic review published. Doing a meta-analysis now.
VP of the local school surgery chapter

any advice on how to make myself stand out? what more can I do? what should I focus my energy on from here on out?

Thank you in advance, everyone!n Stay safe