What Myers-Briggs Personality Type are you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What Myers-Briggs Personality Type are you?

• ESTJ

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 32 10.9%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 36 12.2%
  • ESTP

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • ESFP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFP

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • ENTP

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • ISTP

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • INFP

• INTP

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 28 9.5%
  • ISFJ

• INFJ

Votes: 28 9.5%
  • INTJ

Votes: 85 28.9%

• Total voters

partinerns

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
While surfing to relieve the boredom at work, I came across this subject in old posts. I know you're not supposed to put too much stock into the results of the test, but I'm curious to see if any trends emerge.

Here's a link to the test:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

And the 30 second, but less accurate version:
http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta_turbo.html

I'm an INTJ too, btw

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
ENTP. I believe there's another post that polls the same question from a year or so ago. I wonder if the trends on SDN have changed over that time.

ENTP. I believe there's another post that polls the same question from a year or so ago. I wonder if the trends on SDN have changed over that time.

had to be less than that, because this is the second time i've posted in a thread like this.

ISFJ FTW!!

Members don't see this ad :)
INFj - "The Empath"

Kinda accurate I guess.

Apparently this profession (or perhaps just SDN) attracts a disproportionate amount of INTJ's (one of whom is myself). According to this site INTJ's should only be about 2-4% of the population...

ISFJ! I have several books that deal with how your personality relates to what you would do well in life. It's called Do What You Are by Tieger & Barron-Tieger. I have continually gotten this personality type for several years now... :)

Apparently this profession (or perhaps just SDN) attracts a disproportionate amount of INTJ's (one of whom is myself). According to this site INTJ's should only be about 2-4% of the population...

yeah, throw me in the INTJ pile as well. I guess it's pretty accurate...although a lot of those questions I was in between a yes & no. I can't say I dislike being called a 'mastermind' though, me and Isaac Newton, Stephen Hawking, and Marie Curie (and 35% of SDN, apparently) :)

so do you think most medical students are introverts? or just the ones that post on internet forums? :laugh:

I know I know, I shouldn't base conclusions on such a small sample size...

Members don't see this ad :)
INTJ, and I've gotten it on several tests over the years. Of all the personality type systems out there, this one seems the most consistent and accurate to me.

Edit: It's not that outrageous that an online, premedical forum would select for one particular personality type, especially one that emphasizes organization, perfectionism, logical thinking, etc.

Last edited:
Wow, it's actually really interesting to see these results, although I'm not surprised most people here are Js:

Plan a schedule ahead and tend to follow it • Are very good at keeping own promises and appointments • Do not like to leave unanswered questions • Do not like to change own decisions • Easily follow established rules and guidelines

Sounds like a doctor to me. There should be another survey on the correlation between Fs and internists/family doctors. Hahaha. ;)

I took the quick version and got INFJ. Anyone else had trouble deciding which category they fit into? I feel like I could have been an ESTP on some other day. Maybe I'll try the longer test later.

INTJ on both.

Do the letters stand for anything?

[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+2]ENFJ[/SIZE][/SIZE]ExtravertedIntuitiveFeelingJudging [SIZE=+0]Strength of the preferences %[/SIZE] 33383822

For some reason I love this stuff. INTJs seem to be overrepresented in medicine. You guys are cool :)

Partinerns you might like this website, it gets into the cognitive functions and their relation to the 4-letter code.

edit: buffywannabe the introversion/extraversion here is not related to how social you are, it's whether socializing leaves you energized or drained. You could be a social butterfly but an introvert if socializing wears you out.

Last edited:
ESTP for both

letters stand for:
Intraversion
Extraversion
Sensing
Intuition
Thinking
Feeling
Perceiving
Judging

I think that site is correct, we did the actual in my psychology class which had abt 300 students combining all classes and INTJ was only 11 out of 300..

Wow, I took this test in freshman year of high school, got INTJ, but I was always jealous because all the cool people were INTPs :p Glad to see tons of premeds are INTJ!

The intense number of INTJs on this forums explains a lot about SDN actually...

I'm confused, I don't understand how introversion would lead to aptitude as a physician.. Anyone care to try explaining that to me? I'm probably misinterpreting the meaning of Myers-Briggs personality typing.

For reference, 53/85 respondents polled indicated introversion

I'm confused, I don't understand how introversion would lead to aptitude as a physician.. Anyone care to try explaining that to me? I'm probably misinterpreting the meaning of Myers-Briggs personality typing.

That there are a lot of introverts on SDN does not mean that introversion leads to aptitude as a physician. Not only is it a leap to say that plainly, but there are a lot of confounding variables in this self-selecting group.

INTJ/ISTJ (50/50 S/N)

I've taken a few versions and the scale usually tends to tilt a little towards ISTJ by 1-2%, but a pretty even split.

so do you think most medical students are introverts? or just the ones that post on internet forums? :laugh:

I know I know, I shouldn't base conclusions on such a small sample size...

that's not what introvert means here...

INTJ on both.

Do the letters stand for anything?

no, they're just for funsies. :rolleyes:

edit: buffywannabe the introversion/extraversion here is not related to how social you are, it's whether socializing leaves you energized or drained. You could be a social butterfly but an introvert if socializing wears you out.

this.

you are. wikipedia for the win.

That there are a lot of introverts on SDN does not mean that introversion leads to aptitude as a physician. Not only is it a leap to say that plainly, but there are a lot of confounding variables in this self-selecting group.

being an "I" does not mean you're an introvert in the colloquial sense of the word. it has to do with where your energy is directed-- towards others, or inward. act then reflect, or reflect then act. etc. see wikipedia link above.

funny, i made basically this exact post on a thread almost exactly like this a few months ago. sigh.

INTJ for me. The profile description was way too accurate for my personality.

INTJ. I've taken that test several times before, and I always get the same result.

Wow, 40 INTJ's. Not that surprising if you think about it, though.

I always get ENTP. :)

Whenever one of these threads pops up I remember why I don't quite fit in here. :laugh:

I'm an INFP. :D

(My brother who's a neurosurgery resident is an ENTJ).

ESTJ. Accurate for the most part.

INTJ, but a 1 on the J, so I'd consider that a split

INTJ...same as it was 3 years ago :)

IN(F/T)P from many years ago.

I took this last year because there was a stack leftover in the office after the HR lady got fired:
http://www.onlinediscprofile.com/discclassic.html

Woefully, no free version, but far more interesting results than the Myers-Briggs:
Creative - Persons with a Creative Pattern display opposite forces in their behavior. Their desire for tangible results is counterbalanced by an equally strong drive for perfection, and their aggressiveness is tempered by sensitivity. Although they think and react quickly, they are restrained by the wish to explore all possible solutions before making a decision.

• Creative patterns exhibit foresight when focusing on projects, and they bring about change. Since individuals with a Creative Pattern have a drive for perfection and demonstrate considerable planning ability, the changes they make are likely to be sound, but the method may lack attention to interpersonal relationships.

• Creative persons want freedom to explore, and they want the authority to examine and retest findings. They can make daily decisions quickly but may be extremely cautious when making bigger decisions: "Should I take that promotion?" "Should I move to another location?" In their drive for results and perfection, Creative persons may not be concerned about social poise. As a result, they may be cool, aloof, or blunt.

Emotions: accepts aggression; restrains expression
Goal: dominance; unique accomplishments
Judges others by: personal standards; progressive ideas for accomplishing tasks
Influences other by: ability to pace development of systems and innovative approaches
Value to the organization: initiates or designs changes
Overuses: bluntness; critical or condescending attitude
Under pressure: becomes bored with routine work; sulks when restrained; acts independently
Fears: lack of influence; failure to achieve their standards
Would increase effectiveness with: warmth, tactful communication; effective team cooperation; recognition of existing sanctions

Another ENTJ.

"I'm sorry that you have to die."

another INTJ here (though depending on the test I sometimes get ISTJ, which seems the second most represented here)

interestingly, I found out that lawyers tend to be INTJs as well: http://www.mediate.com/articles/nelsonMBTI.cfm

considering law and medicine are substance-wise very different professions, I guess that INTJs are generally well-represented in highly demanding, high-status professions

Another ENTJ.

"I'm sorry that you have to die."
entjposteryn9.jpg

DeadliestSnatch said:
I've gotten that one a couple times :)

INTJ! I've never taken this test before :thumbup: I'm gonna make my next girlfriend take this test first so I can weed out the non-INTJers. BRILLIANT!

another INTJ here (though depending on the test I sometimes get ISTJ, which seems the second most represented here)

interestingly, I found out that lawyers tend to be INTJs as well: http://www.mediate.com/articles/nelsonMBTI.cfm

considering law and medicine are substance-wise very different professions, I guess that INTJs are generally well-represented in highly demanding, high-status professions

It's because both fields are very analytical and require a pragmatist.