What Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Personality are You?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

What Myers-Briggs Personality Type are you?

  • ENFP

    Votes: 5 2.5%
  • INFP

    Votes: 13 6.4%
  • ENFJ

    Votes: 13 6.4%
  • INFJ

    Votes: 23 11.4%
  • ENTP

    Votes: 6 3.0%
  • INTP

    Votes: 11 5.4%
  • ENTJ

    Votes: 15 7.4%
  • INTJ

    Votes: 45 22.3%
  • ESFP

    Votes: 4 2.0%
  • ISFP

    Votes: 1 0.5%
  • ESFJ

    Votes: 7 3.5%
  • ISFJ

    Votes: 9 4.5%
  • ESTP

    Votes: 1 0.5%
  • ISTP

    Votes: 6 3.0%
  • ESTJ

    Votes: 6 3.0%
  • ISTJ

    Votes: 30 14.9%
  • I don't know - I was too lazy to complete the questionnaire

    Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I hate answering questionnaires!

    Votes: 3 1.5%

  • Total voters
    202
I've never met another ENFJ before :d I would like to meet one, so I can see what I act like. Have you met your identical match?
Well, from whom I've known, ENFJs are friendly people. Their only major problem is that they like to push unsolicited values on others.

Yes. I know a guy from undergrad who's an INFP. My other aunt is an INFP, too. She's my favorite aunt. 😛 Aunt Marianne...

If I had to guess, you've probably known another ENFJ, but you might not have realized it. Knowing your identical is like meeting someone who acts in ways that you would, but not necessarily in ways that you do.
For example, my aunt loves to collect vintage nic-nacs; her basement is full of them. I like vintage stuff a lot too, but I don't have a huge collection of vintage nic-nacs that I've picked up from garage sales, flea markets, thrift stores, etc.
Also, my friend from undergrad was like a train wreck. He had problem after problem after problem, which were types of problems that I had to work really hard to avoid.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, from whom I've known, ENFJs are friendly people. Their only major problem is that they like to push unsolicited values on others.

Yes. I know a guy from undergrad who's an INFP. My other aunt is an INFP, too. She's my favorite aunt. 😛 Aunt Marianne...

If I had to guess, you've probably known another ENFJ, but you might not have realized it. Knowing your identical is like meeting someone who acts in ways that you would, but not necessarily in ways that you do.
For example, my aunt loves to collect vintage nic-nacs; her basement is full of them. I like vintage stuff a lot too, but I don't have a huge collection of vintage nic-nacs that I've picked up from garage sales, flea markets, thrift stores, etc.
Also, my friend from undergrad was like a train wreck. He had problem after problem after problem, which were types of problems that I had to work really hard to avoid.
Ahhh interesting. I guess personality type doesn't ultimately dictate the choices you make but influences your behavior.
 
As an INFP I am fascinated by typology (the inventor of the test herself was an INFP).

Anyways I saw this thread & thought it interesting because I wrote an essay for the admissions process based on applications of myers-briggs. Here is a portion of my essay.

Describe how your past academic, volunteer, employment, and personal experiences have added to your cultural competency:

There are two distinct types of people. The first group are Judgers - those who have a natural inclination to prefer order, predictability and are comforted by the familiar. The second group are Perceivers - those who prefer variety, flexibility and surprises. Perceivers continually seek to discover new ideas and allow the world to influence them. Perceivers are naturally flexible and free-thinking, they are open to others' points of view, which they evaluate with sensitivity and tact. Perceivers would be the more natural of the two groups to live by the following quote:

"To be culturally competent doesn't mean you are an authority in the values and beliefs of every culture. What it means is that you hold a deep respect for cultural differences and are eager to learn, and willing to accept, that there are many ways of viewing the world."

In my research on admission trends of the health sciences it is interesting to learn that, by about a 70 to 30 margin, judgers are the majority in science heavy programs. Statistical evidence based on longitudinal studies shows that Judgers far outperform Perceivers in GPA. This fact accounts for their majority in Medical, Pharmacy and Engineering schools.
A commitment to a diverse student body should include personality type. The goal should be to admit a varied and well balanced group of Judgers and Perceivers. This balance will no doubt help improve the cultural competency and other traits of the whole of a student body. The lone negative would be a drop in overall admission GPA.

---
In the words of the flight of the conchords show: Too many J's on the dance floor 🙂
 
I was about to post a similar threat but this thread came up.

Well it's a good thing you did, or else being the ISTJ that I am, I would've promptly admonished you for not using the 'search' function. 🙂 j/k

Interesting to read the new responses. Oh, did anyone also notice a similar personality test Spiriva posted more recently? Here's the link:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=619732&highlight=personality

I wonder if there's any correlation between the Myers-Briggs types and the SELF profiling system. I finally did the SELF test today, and it appears I'm an 'E' 😛 (3 on the x-axis, 4 on the y-axis)
 
Well it's a good thing you did, or else being the ISTJ that I am, I would've promptly admonished you for not using the 'search' function. 🙂 j/k

Interesting to read the new responses. Oh, did anyone also notice a similar personality test Spiriva posted more recently? Here's the link:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=619732&highlight=personality

I wonder if there's any correlation between the Myers-Briggs types and the SELF profiling system. I finally did the SELF test today, and it appears I'm an 'E' 😛 (3 on the x-axis, 4 on the y-axis)

Anyone else here an INTP?
 
Anyone else here an INTP?

When I think myself as being a self-absored, narrow-mided person that only care about my thoughts and feelings, I am occasionally tested as "INTP"
When I feel that I am emotional and empathetic, I am tested as "INFP".
However, I am tested as INFP most of times.

I think I am somewhere in the middle between INFP and INTP with the tendency toward INFP. At least what we have in common is that we don't like the inflexibility, unnecessary rules and regulations, fixed deadlines, and the lack of creativity or autonomy.

Perhaps I just yearn to be an INTP so that I can daydreaming "rationally".
 
As an INFP I am fascinated by typology (the inventor of the test herself was an INFP).
Haha. NF especially INFP are the types that like to waste time finding out their inner-self or their core values. Looking at www.personalitycafe.com, the forum with the highest number of of post is NF with INFP being the highest..

A commitment to a diverse student body should include personality type. The goal should be to admit a varied and well balanced group of Judgers and Perceivers. ....
In the words of the flight of the conchords show: Too many J's on the dance floor 🙂

haha.. Are you kidding.. nice work.
 
Yep I like to waste time finding my inner self 🙂

But this does have important medical applications as well.

S vs N - Intuitive patients may very well be prone to daydreaming & forget to adhere to a medication program, throw that in with being a P & the unstructured nature could lead to suboptimal medication therapy. In contrast the more detail orientated S patient is likely to stick to a regimen - especially if they are SJ.

I also read that INFJ's are susceptible to internalizing negative emotions & stress & manifesting it in medical problems.

Also some of the SP's have a higher risk taking mentality & could be prone to becoming dependent on painkillers, etc. Or selling them to others.

Plus being in a business orientated field (bottom line thinking) lends itself to INTJs & ENTJs rising to management positions & working with them & for them takes some special talents. Having had an INTJ girlfriend in college, I speak from experience. J vs P clashes are not always fun 🙂

Being able to read people & build long term relationships with patients to get to know them as people not just customers is so important.
 
When I think myself as being a self-absored, narrow-mided person that only care about my thoughts and feelings, I am occasionally tested as "INTP"
When I feel that I am emotional and empathetic, I am tested as "INFP".
However, I am tested as INFP most of times.

I think I am somewhere in the middle between INFP and INTP with the tendency toward INFP. At least what we have in common is that we don't like the inflexibility, unnecessary rules and regulations, fixed deadlines, and the lack of creativity or autonomy.

Perhaps I just yearn to be an INTP so that I can daydreaming "rationally".

I am usually self-absorbed. It is something I am working on and making some progress to be more sensitive to other's feelings and points of view. Also, I am working on being more organized. Though the INTP personality type is somewhat disconnected from others and extremely flexible, it is very valuable. Einstein was an INTP. INTP's think in new and innovative ideas or ways of doing things.
 
Haha. NF especially INFP are the types that like to waste time finding out their inner-self or their core values. Looking at www.personalitycafe.com, the forum with the highest number of of post is NF with INFP being the highest.

Interesting, it appears ISTJ is the least popular amongst the posters there. But I enjoy wasting time finding out my inner self too - does that mean I'm a mis-typed ISTJ, or just an ISTJ who likes psychology-related topics? Hmmm... 🙂

Thanks for sharing that link! 👍

Oh wait, I mis-interpreted that sidebar ... didn't realize it was a poll asking "Which personality type would you want your children to possess?" (I assumed the poll reflected the personality types of the posters - oops!) Well now it's even more interesting... hardly anyone wants their kids to be an ISTJ! 😱😛
 
Last edited:
didn't realize it was a poll asking "Which personality type would you want your children to possess?" (I assumed the poll reflected the personality types of the posters - oops!) Well now it's even more interesting... hardly anyone wants their kids to be an ISTJ! 😱😛
I am the minority of the poll. If I were to have a kid, I want him/her to be "ESTJ". It's doesn't matter whether his/her personality is a good match for me. I want him/her to be happy living in Today's nine-to-five-structured and practical world where assertiveness is valued. 🙂 I think ESTJ fits in well in Today's world
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hooray! Hello twin! 🙂


Hello Kirby!! As ENFJs, I don't know how you behave, but many a times, I find myself putting others first even at the cost of my immediate individual successes and achievements. (This probably explains why I'm attending pharmacy school a little later in life than I originally planned).

I enjoy being in the company of different people and I do get along well with almost everyone; even the people with qualities I don't like. 😀
 
Hello Kirby!! As ENFJs, I don't know how you behave, but many a times, I find myself putting others first even at the cost of my immediate individual successes and achievements. (This probably explains why I'm attending pharmacy school a little later in life than I originally planned).

I enjoy being in the company of different people and I do get along well with almost everyone; even the people with qualities I don't like. 😀
YEAH!!! ME TOO!! Like exactly! lol. I get along with EVERYONE. and I tolerate jerks of all kind lol. Jerks need love too. 🙂 But I learned my lesson to keep the nicer ones closer to me. I used to put others ahead of me, but now I actively try to get my own. My mom pushed me to be more selfish, and I think it finally worked. I've become selfish, and I haven't volunteered for over 2 years now 😱.

I'm a late pharmacy student too! But that's because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do. Hehe.

Who is your..."role model"? Mine is Mother Theresa... but I don't know if I'll be able to trade in my new found interest in myself for helping orphans. 🙁
 
Hi Jane/PharmDstudent, I read somewhere that INFPs dislike routine tasks and details unless the tasks match closely with their core values. Most pharm jobs, even in hospital setting, "seems" to be routine-like and detail-oriented "mostly" involving catching errors and dosing. However, teaching could be fun. Have you found your niche in pharmacy? Maybe you can suggest a suitable career path in pharmacy for INFP.
 
Hi Jane/PharmDstudent, I read somewhere that INFPs dislike routine tasks and details unless the tasks match closely with their core values. Most pharm jobs, even in hospital setting, "seems" to be routine-like and detail-oriented "mostly" involving catching errors and dosing. However, teaching could be fun. Have you found your niche in pharmacy? Maybe you can suggest a suitable career path in pharmacy for INFP.
I was raised by an INTJ, and most of my family members are introverted thinking types: ISTP, ISTJ, INTJ, INTP. So... I rejoice in doing routine tasks and details, because I'm comfortable with them and would much rather be comfortable than uncomfortable.

I don't really have a pharmacy "niche", because I'm happy doing nearly all of it- hence INFP.

If you have it in your mind that you're helping and healing people through your actions as a pharmacist, pharmacy intern, etc., then you can go very far as an INFP in pharmacy, because you'll have your thoughts in line with what health care is meant to be in the first place- a means to help people.
 
YEAH!!! ME TOO!! Like exactly! lol. I get along with EVERYONE. and I tolerate jerks of all kind lol. Jerks need love too. 🙂 But I learned my lesson to keep the nicer ones closer to me. I used to put others ahead of me, but now I actively try to get my own. My mom pushed me to be more selfish, and I think it finally worked. I've become selfish, and I haven't volunteered for over 2 years now 😱.

I'm a late pharmacy student too! But that's because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do. Hehe.

Who is your..."role model"? Mine is Mother Theresa... but I don't know if I'll be able to trade in my new found interest in myself for helping orphans. 🙁

I too have learned my lessons. I stay closer to the nice people and distant myself from those who aren't so good influences.

Role models? I have many yet I don't have one particular person I designate as hero. What I mean is there are so many heroes in this world. Everyday, people do good deeds without mass recognition and these people usually don't want the recognition. Those are the people who I look to for growth and learning. Their actions speak louder than words and set a positive influence for others to follow, yet they ask for almost nothing in return. 🙂
 
I too have learned my lessons. I stay closer to the nice people and distant myself from those who aren't so good influences.

Role models? I have many yet I don't have one particular person I designate as hero. What I mean is there are so many heroes in this world. Everyday, people do good deeds without mass recognition and these people usually don't want the recognition. Those are the people who I look to for growth and learning. Their actions speak louder than words and set a positive influence for others to follow, yet they ask for almost nothing in return. 🙂
OOoO good answer 🙂
Do you think ENFJ's like the underdogs?
 
I'm not sure about that, but here's yet another "meta-analysis"-like site that gives more insight on the ENFJ ... with links to even more sites specifically on that type. What do you think? How well do the descriptions fit your personality? 🙂

http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/enfj/
Nice link! It only says the positive stuff, so what's not to like? 😀 I think it's pretty accurate. I even checked for my friends and it seems spot on. :d It's got all the best qualities about the individuals. Very encouraging. 🙂
 
OOoO good answer 🙂
Do you think ENFJ's like the underdogs?

I like team work at its best! When in the face of a dominant force or competition, a group of people with average talent working in unison, and sacrificing individual fame and desire for the good of the team can achieve what many consider the impossible. (Most of the time, these teams are underdogs, but they don't have to be)
 
They seek power and control.

They pursue leadership roles very directly and have difficulty following others unless those individuals demonstrate more competence than they themselves have. Even then, it may be tough for the ENTJ to follow long.

ENTJs like to debate

Huh. I'll be. Fancy parlor trick they got there.
 
OOoO good answer 🙂
Do you think ENFJ's like the underdogs?

I might be over analyzing here.

Did you mean ENFJs favor underdogs? Or are you saying ENFJs themselves are underdogs?

The above is a perfect example of how ENFJs like myself, are into the details of things.
 
Anyone else notice this??

Here we go. How many of us chose the wrong career path?

ESTJ - Military, business administrators, managers, police/detective work, judges, financial officers, teachers, sales representatives, government workers, insurance agents, underwriters, nursing administrators, trade and technical teachers, mafia dons. Natural leaders, they work best when they are in charge and enforcing the rules.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I might be over analyzing here.

Did you mean ENFJs favor underdogs? Or are you saying ENFJs themselves are underdogs?

The above is a perfect example of how ENFJs like myself, are into the details of things.

Haha, I meant, we favor the underdogs. Cus I like the Mets 😀 We won today!! I bet my bf that if we shut out the reds I get a Santana jersey! Whoohoo! 4-0!:banana:

I'm happy right now. 🙂 Do you have a bf/gf? If yes, are they ISTJ? Cus I hear that's our perfect match! Also, two ENJF's get along pretty well too.
 
Is it just me or people have a hard time answering these questions. I mean there were about 15 where it could have been either yes or no.It might sound really sad when I say this but I sometimes think I have no personality. I just project the personality of someone who the other person wants to see. It takes time to know the needs of another person. I am best friends with probably 8 of my friends. Large groups confuse me 🙁

But apparantly I am INFJ.

slightly expressed introvert (Yeah)
distinctively expressed intuitive personality (Maybe)
slightly expressed feeling personality ( idk)
slightly expressed judging personality (idk)
 
Is it just me or people have a hard time answering these questions. I mean there were about 15 where it could have been either yes or no.It might sound really sad when I say this but I sometimes think I have no personality. I just project the personality of someone who the other person wants to see. It takes time to know the needs of another person. I am best friends with probably 8 of my friends. Large groups confuse me 🙁

But apparantly I am INFJ.

slightly expressed introvert (Yeah)
distinctively expressed intuitive personality (Maybe)
slightly expressed feeling personality ( idk)
slightly expressed judging personality (idk)

There are a lot of people who have chameleon-like personalities. Do you want generally everyone to like/accept you? If you feel like someone doesn't like you, do you tend to focus on mending that friendship above other friendships? I'm getting a feeling that you have a strong "Like-Me" personality/heart motive. I could be wrong though.
 
Haha, I meant, we favor the underdogs. Cus I like the Mets 😀 We won today!! I bet my bf that if we shut out the reds I get a Santana jersey! Whoohoo! 4-0!:banana:

I'm happy right now. 🙂 Do you have a bf/gf? If yes, are they ISTJ? Cus I hear that's our perfect match! Also, two ENJF's get along pretty well too.

I do like underdogs. No wonder I like the movie "Rudy."

I'm not in a relationship right now. In a few weeks, I'll be moving across the country to attend pharmacy school, so for me, it's not a good time to start anything serious.

Where did you see ISTJs are perfect matches for ENJFs?
 
I do like underdogs. No wonder I like the movie "Rudy."

I'm not in a relationship right now. In a few weeks, I'll be moving across the country to attend pharmacy school, so for me, it's not a good time to start anything serious.

Where did you see ISTJs are perfect matches for ENJFs?
Hmm never heard of that movie.

So, you're starting at Jefferson right? 🙂

http://www.socionics.com/rel/dlt.htm
Lucky for you, it seems like lots of pharmacy people are ISTJ's 😉
 
Hmm never heard of that movie.

So, you're starting at Jefferson right? 🙂

http://www.socionics.com/rel/dlt.htm
Lucky for you, it seems like lots of pharmacy people are ISTJ's 😉


IMO, "Rudy" is one of the best underdog movies of all time. If you're a true underdog fan, you should watch it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108002/

I wish I was starting at Jefferson. Aren't you going there? I've never visited the school, but heard Jefferson is an excellent pharmacy school. I will be attending Touro College of Pharmacy at NYC.

Lucky me, pharmacy people are ISTJs. How would I be certain a person is a ISTJ? Somehow, I just had a vision of myself asking all my single female classmates to take a personality test. And that makes me sound so desperate and creepy... haha bad idea!

I think it's best I stay out of the high school like drama and concentrate on studying. I came too far to throw it all away again. 🙂
 
Last edited:
Interesting fact based on the poll so far:

~69% Introverted

~69% Intuitive

66% Thinker(while) Type. (This is interesting because most pharm student are women and feeler (F) type should be more prevalent) ..

~80% Judging .. no doubt about this... I was told 75% of population is J.

Basically, the combination is INTJ

This contradicts the traditional notion that pharmacist should be ESTJ.
http://www.wischik.com/damon/Texts/myersbriggstrek.html
 
Interesting fact based on the poll so far:

~69% Introverted

~69% Intuitive

66% Thinker(while) Type. (This is interesting because most pharm student are women and feeler (F) type should be more prevalent) ..

~80% Judging .. no doubt about this... I was told 75% of population is J.

Basically, the combination is INTJ

This contradicts the traditional notion that pharmacist should be ESTJ.
http://www.wischik.com/damon/Texts/myersbriggstrek.html
I've NEVER met an ESTJ pharmacist... and I've only known 2 ESFJ pharmacists.

Extraverts tend to think that pharmacy is boring, at least in my opinion.
 
Interesting fact based on the poll so far:

~69% Introverted

~69% Intuitive

66% Thinker(while) Type. (This is interesting because most pharm student are women and feeler (F) type should be more prevalent) ..

~80% Judging .. no doubt about this... I was told 75% of population is J.

Basically, the combination is INTJ

This contradicts the traditional notion that pharmacist should be ESTJ.
http://www.wischik.com/damon/Texts/myersbriggstrek.html

But this whole poll is skewed because the sample isn't random. It's mostly introverted people who are SDN members. I would think that people who post on forums frequently are more likely to be introverted.
 
IMO, "Rudy" is one of the best underdog movies of all time. If you're a true underdog fan, you should watch it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108002/

I wish I was starting at Jefferson. Aren't you going there? I've never visited the school, but heard Jefferson is an excellent pharmacy school. I will be attending Touro College of Pharmacy at NYC.

Lucky me, pharmacy people are ISTJs. How would I be certain a person is a ISTJ? Somehow, I just had a vision of myself asking all my single female classmates to take a personality test. And that makes me sound so desperate and creepy... haha bad idea!

I think it's best I stay out of the high school like drama and concentrate on studying. I came too far to throw it all away again. 🙂
SOrry I totally forgot to respond to this post. 😳
I never saw Rudy, but I'll let you know what I think when I get the chance to see it.
Jefferson starts in less than a month! 😱 When does your school start?
You should just learn how to judge and figure out people's personalities based on their behaviors. It's actually probably more creepy to do it that way, but it wont seem creepy. Haha. 😛
 
SOrry I totally forgot to respond to this post. 😳
I never saw Rudy, but I'll let you know what I think when I get the chance to see it.
Jefferson starts in less than a month! 😱 When does your school start?
You should just learn how to judge and figure out people's personalities based on their behaviors. It's actually probably more creepy to do it that way, but it wont seem creepy. Haha. 😛


Np, better late than never.

Here is a youtube clip of "Rudy," and if you like it enough, you can watch the whole movie later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPxOttpVdI


Orientation for Touro NY starts in 1 week, and classes start in 2 weeks. Aren't you excited? I'm a little scared of the unknown; like whether or not I can handle the work load. we'll see. Best of luck to you at Jefferson!

I agree, you can some what figure out a person's personality by observing his or her behaviors. I also think you can figure out a person's personality by asking the person a couple situational questions. 🙂
 
True, but "N","T", and "J" are significant.
True, I wish I was a thinker sometimes! :d but my feelings are dead on a lot of times!---although, it makes me seem illogical to some people. Oh well. 🙂

Np, better late than never.

Here is a youtube clip of "Rudy," and if you like it enough, you can watch the whole movie later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPxOttpVdI


Orientation for Touro NY starts in 1 week, and classes start in 2 weeks. Aren't you excited? I'm a little scared of the unknown; like whether or not I can handle the work load. we'll see. Best of luck to you at Jefferson!

I agree, you can some what figure out a person's personality by observing his or her behaviors. I also think you can figure out a person's personality by asking the person a couple situational questions. 🙂
I just put Rudy on my netflix queue. 🙂 It's #8 on the list so I'll probably watch it in about 3-4 weeks.

I'm excited and nervous about starting school. A part of me wants to prolong summer, but a part of me wants to get it started already. Time to redbull it up and study like it's 1999. Haha. I'm sOO corny! 😀
 
True, I wish I was a thinker sometimes! :d but my feelings are dead on a lot of times!---although, it makes me seem illogical to some people. Oh well. 🙂


I just put Rudy on my netflix queue. 🙂 It's #8 on the list so I'll probably watch it in about 3-4 weeks.

I'm excited and nervous about starting school. A part of me wants to prolong summer, but a part of me wants to get it started already. Time to redbull it up and study like it's 1999. Haha. I'm sOO corny! 😀

Redbull it up! :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ESFJ 😉 Pharmacy is my second career so it makes since... I used to be a flight attendant!
 
If you have it in your mind that you're helping and healing people through your actions as a pharmacist, pharmacy intern, etc., then you can go very far as an INFP in pharmacy, because you'll have your thoughts in line with what health care is meant to be in the first place- a means to help people.

I admire your core value in helping other people. Helping people is quite general.. All healthcare professional all contribute to the society.

Unlike you, I am a self-absorbed INFP who also want to have some "fun" at work in addition to helping people. I don't know if I am comfortable working full-time in "ISTJ" working environment. 40 hr/week is too much to sacrifice for..I am trying to find an area in pharmacy that is at least compatible with "NF"personality..probably none.
 
The thing is though, even though you'll have the opportunity to counsel patients on drug use, compound radiopharmaceuticals, teach future PharmDs etc., won't you feel insignificant knowing that you're just one person, and on the grand scale that you really don't matter? (or maybe that's just me)
 
I admire your core value in helping other people. Helping people is quite general.. All healthcare professional all contribute to the society.

Unlike you, I am a self-absorbed INFP who also want to have some "fun" at work in addition to helping people. I don't know if I am comfortable working full-time in "ISTJ" working environment. 40 hr/week is too much to sacrifice for..I am trying to find an area in pharmacy that is at least compatible with "NF"personality..probably none.
I think pharmacy goes beyond just "contributing to society". Pharmacists are a lot of times the make or break point whenever patients first become ill. In other words, if patients tend to solicite pharmacists first, then what we tell them can have a huge effect on their lives and health overall, which makes me believe that, at that point, it's more than just contributing to society- it's preservation of life.
Think about it... if someone comes to you at Walgreen's, and you believe that they should go to the ER ASAP based on their situation, then potentially, you could have or will save their life (albeit indirectly).

In terms of dispensing, order entry, verification, etc., it's like we're in the background, in how we help people, but once we speak up and step out of the shadows, then what we say can be a real eye-opener. It's like there's this element of surprise whenever pharmacists find something wrong. 😎 And maybe in your case, you'll freak people out whenever you've connected those intuitive dots that can be so hard for sensing people to figure out.
Basically, you won't shine until you can call people out to correct problems... and "put them in their place", so to speak.




Wanting to have "fun" at work can be a double-edged sword... so watch out! I mean... I have a lot of fun working with my ISTJ boss and his ISFJ cohort. They've "turned me out", so to speak, because I used to never laugh or crack jokes at work until I started working with them. BUT if things get out of hand in the fun department, then you could be inadvertently neglecting your patients.

I would embrace ISTJs. Heck... my grandpa is an ISTJ, and I'm his favorite. 😛
Why should you embrace them?... (you might ask 😉). Well, if you want the easiest explanation, then here it is: according to Socionics, ISTJs are activity partners with INFPs, which can make work that much easier (a word that I'll use). Here. I'll even give you a linky... linky 🙂