What “niche” (not fellowship) areas are there in general OB/GYN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Metamorphosis.DO

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was speaking to a GI who is the “liver guy“ in his GI group of 8. he does all general GI but takes most the liver cases in his group. Then I just rotated with an OBGYN who sees a TON of endometriosis and is sort of known as the ‘expert’ locally. Curious as to what else people find greater interest in as general OBGYNs.

I‘m aware of the fellowships post-residency.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
...Colposcopy ? :lol:
Yup, most academic centers have a handful of people doing it and others referring; just like anything else requiring skill but not having a lot of volume, you just need a handful of people doing a lot rather than a lot doing a handful. In the community it’s probably more diluted but that may not necessarily lead to poor outcomes.

Yup, most academic centers have a handful of people doing it and others referring; just like anything else requiring skill but not having a lot of volume, you just need a handful of people doing a lot rather than a lot doing a handful. In the community it’s probably more diluted but that may not necessarily lead to poor outcomes.
Haha very true- just making a joke because earlier you said "Colonoscopy". Bad time if if you're using that Tischler and getting back rectal mucosa.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users