What % of Organic is Rxns?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

checkamundo

Don't know what i'm doing
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Based on most of the practice tests for the organic section, there really doesn't seem to be a large number of reactions. Was this true for those of you who took the DAT? How many rxn questions would you guys say you had?

Also, on a number of posts, people have said Kaplan was easier than the real thing , DAT achiever was harder(except for the PAT), and Topscore was about the same. Do you guys mean how difficult the questions were, or the type of questions that were asked?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

checkamundo said:
Based on most of the practice tests for the organic section, there really doesn't seem to be a large number of reactions. Was this true for those of you who took the DAT? How many rxn questions would you guys say you had?

Also, on a number of posts, people have said Kaplan was easier than the real thing , DAT achiever was harder(except for the PAT), and Topscore was about the same. Do you guys mean how difficult the questions were, or the type of questions that were asked?

Thanks
I'd say that out of the 30 organic questions, there were probably 7 reactions. Kaplan was easier, especially the PAT, but it's still good practice. Top score was definitely harder. I felt that the real deal was an average of the two. There seemed to be the same number of question types on all the practice tests, but the Topscore tests had much harder questions. Study all the questions you can get your hands on, even Topscore!! I didn't use DAT achiever.

bio - 23, org - 23, chem - 22, QA - 19, PAT - 24, Reading - 22 ;)