What questions can you ask an admissions liason?

Started by mk187
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mk187

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello guys

I have spent tons of hours these past few weeks looking at dpt programs and trying to narrow down my list of schools I can apply to.

I'm wondering, what questions are OK to ask an admissions officer?
For example, "Could you look at my application and tell me if I am competitive ?" Or "could you calculate my GPA by your standards and let me know if I match with you last cohort?" "What can I do to make myself more competitive in the next 3 months?" etc.
What good questions do you have that helped you alot in applying?

They sound ridiculous to me, asking these questions, cus they are so busy, but I emailed one school and the admission officer offered to calculate my prereq GPA if I sent her my transcripts and I was shocked! If all admissions did that it would be easier to know if I am indeed competitive or not.. and it saves me the time and potential mistakes, for example forgetting this school factors in repeated classes 1st time grades, and what not.

Thanks!