What Radiologist fears the most ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ioncell

Erad
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering , why was our good ole chest radiologist hates to "disseminate" or "Spread" information .

He always says :" he wanted something to be left in his pocket"

Did he thought that his job is simple ?
so any consultant would make him look so bad ?

But what happens that when you give the best of yourself . The people will respond to you and provide feedback , that make you better at interpretation .

As a residents , we may NOT fully judge our mentors by their knowledge .
But surely , our estimation is based on something simpler , paying attention !

I recalled a study that showed which surgeon where most likely to be sued (by patients) . It concluded that the significant factor was : Listening !

:D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously, dont you feel sometimes that you have your own "secrets" in interpreting images ?

:confused:

I gotta be honest, I think no one understood your original post because it was too cluttered with commas, irregular spacing and you were beating around the bush, or so it seemed.

Anyways, what do I know, I'm pre-med :love:

I gotta be honest, I think no one understood your original post because it was too cluttered with commas, irregular spacing and you were beating around the bush, or so it seemed.

Anyways, what do I know, I'm pre-med :love:

Never underestimate yourself.

this might have worked better in iambic pentameter

Maybe haiku?

What rads docs fear most?
Pay cuts, lawsuits, or sunlight
Goddamn Medicare...

Sorry, the best I could do at 11am.

I'm back a month later, and still have no idea what the original post meant.

In boarding school we had a bunch of emails plastered on a wall in one of the guys dorms and called it the "wall of confusion." Basically, we emailed people or responded to emails with totally unintelligible and meaningless jibber jabber, and posted their responses... "Keep you eyes on the prize. Code word this: Naproxen. Go forth!"

This thread reminds me of that wall.

I was wondering , why was our good ole chest radiologist hates to "disseminate" or "Spread" information .

But what happens that when you give the best of yourself . The people will respond to you and provide feedback , that make you better at interpretation .

I recalled a study that showed which surgeon where most likely to be sued (by patients) . It concluded that the significant factor was : Listening !

LOL. :laugh: The meaning of this seems just beyond my grasp...

Members don't see this ad :)

wtf

I don't think OP was that confusing. I mean, has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

lol, can we make this a sticky? this is one of my favorite posts of all time. I have absolutely no f'in clue what he's saying

i do like how he underlined a completely random sentence for emphasis

I think his question does highlight the most important issue in radiology today, except I dont know what his question is

I am not sure what the original poster is completely talking about but several times a radiologists will not tell everything to a clinician and I think this statement:

" he wanted something to be left in his pocket"

Is what the chest radiologist was refering to.

For instance, if a CT scan showed inflammation around a surgical intestinal anastamosis the radiologist would tell the surgeon "I'm worried about a leak at the anastamosis". He would not say "I'm worried about a leak at the anastamosis, I could try a water soluble enema which might confirm the suspicion". He keeps that info "in his pocket" if it is needed. Like one might say "Tumor in the cervical spinal cord" and not say "This could be an astrocytoma". It is not necessary to put all your thoughts in a report. If the clinician needs help, they come down and ask for it. Hopefully you've got something in your pocket to impress them, regardless of whether or not you've really done anything to change management.

Personally my pockets are usually empty

you guys aren't getting the symbolism here. most people go right to thinking about pants pockets, but in this case the op is referring to a shirt pocket (*chest* radiologist . . . *chest* pocket). where is the chest pocket on all shirts? on the left, i.e. over the *heart*. the heart is red, like the sports car in the op's profile pic. so listen to your heart when giving consults to produce red hot sports cars so you won't have to "listen" to achieve future mating behavior.