What Schools? 3.7 GPA, studying for MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

369drhelp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been on the search for medical schools for quite some time now and would love some guidance into what other schools I should be looking into. Some information about me:
State: From Wisconsin, go to school at a private institution in Minnesota (Junior)
Degree: Biology BS, Chemistry Minor
cGPA: 3.7
Clinical Involvement: Medical scribe (300+), shadowing (20+), volunteering in the surgical wing of a hospital (50+ hours).
Extra Curricular: Special Olympics Club, Pre-Health Professionals Club, Biology Club, School Ambassador, Symphonic Band, Swing Dance Club.
I also work on campus as a Tour Guide, as well as in the science department as a tutor and study group leader for introductory Biology classes. In the summer, I work for a non-profit animal shelter in my area at a kids camp in the humane education department. I am currently volunteering and working as a scribe so those hours will continue to increase.

I have not yet taken my MCAT, I plan to in April of 2018.
I've mostly been looking locally at schools: U of M Twin cities, U of M Duluth, UW Madison, MCW.
Any guidance on MCAT scores and what schools I should look into would be greatly appreciated, as well as my chances at the above schools!

Members don't see this ad.