What schools accept DAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsgfuad

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far i have only seen arizona accepts it.

Members don't see this ad.

letsgfuad said:

CSPM in Oakland, CA accepts DAT also.

The schools most all claim that they accept the DAT, however, that doesn't mean that they actually will accept it. I know that NYCPM, Temple, DMU, Scholl, and CSPM all do.

Members don't see this ad :)
letsgfuad said:
AZPOD won't accept DAT scores for next year, just MCAT.

AZPOD Rocks

I have already emailed or called all of the 8 Pod schools asking if they accepted the DATs and I received the same exact answer from all of them "Yes, we do accept the DATs." Rumors and sources have said that AZPOD and DMU will no longer accept the DATs for the 2007 cycle but we'll have to see. Either take the MCATs to be safe or just apply with the DATs if you've already taken it or have been studying to take it. When AZPOD and DMU do actually start accepting only the MCATs, I expect to see that all of the top tier schools will soon follow as well.

Since the 2007 cycle is already approaching and the August MCATs are within weeks, I'd say take the test you were originally planning to take or have been studying for. If you plan to go for the 2008 or later cycle, then take the MCAT for sure! Goodluck!

Cheetos said:
I have already emailed or called all of the 8 Pod schools asking if they accepted the DATs and I received the same exact answer from all of them "Yes, we do accept the DATs." Rumors and sources have said that AZPOD and DMU will no longer accept the DATs for the 2007 cycle but we'll have to see. Either take the MCATs to be safe or just apply with the DATs if you've already taken it or have been studying to take it. When AZPOD and DMU do actually start accepting only the MCATs, I expect to see that all of the top tier schools will soon follow as well.

Since the 2007 cycle is already approaching and the August MCATs are within weeks, I'd say take the test you were originally planning to take or have been studying for. If you plan to go for the 2008 or later cycle, then take the MCAT for sure! Goodluck!
BARRY

OCPM accepts the DAT.

cali definately accepts it because i took it and im starting there in sept. But I know their avg dat score is increasing.

mrfeet said:
No they don't!

According to their website and when I emailed the admissions staff, they said that they do. Below is what I found regarding what tests they accept on their website under FAQs:

Q: Will you accept other standardized test scores in place of the MCAT?
Yes, in place of the MCAT scores, applicants have the option of submitting the GRE general test scores with a science subject test. We will also accept the DAT (Dental Admission Test), PCAT (Pharmacy College Admissions Test), or OAT (Optometry Admission Test). For any of these standardized tests, the test must have been taken within three years of the time of matriculation.

http://www.ocpm.edu/departments/student_affairs/admissions/faq.asp

Maybe this policy will change for the 2007 cycle too??

mrfeet said:
No they don't!

It's not the inaccuracy of your statement that surprises me (people on SDN make false statements often), it's the exclamation point for emphasis.

If you're curious as to why I would "claim" that OCPM accepts the DAT, it is because I was accepted to OCPM and will be attending podiatry school there this fall, based on the submission of a DAT score.

Cheetos said:

The change at CPMS (DMU) will not go into effect until January 2007 when the changes to the MCAT occur. The increase in the opportunities to sit for the MCAT leave applicants no excuse why they cannot take the test. Therefore, CPMS and AZPOD are moving forward to raise the bar.

Dr_Feelgood said:
The change at CPMS (DMU) will not go into effect until January 2007 when the changes to the MCAT occur. The increase in the opportunities to sit for the MCAT leave applicants no excuse why they cannot take the test. Therefore, CPMS and AZPOD are moving forward to raise the bar.
In Arizona, the computerized MCAT is going to be starting next month.

AZPOD Rocks said:
IN Arizona, the computerized MCAT is going to be starting next month.

Really. Is that only in AZ? I thought that all of the changes started in 2007.

Dr_Feelgood said:
Really. Is that only in AZ? I thought that all of the changes started in 2007.
I have no idea. I just know that about 5 of my friends will be taking the computerized MCAT in August. They just signed up like anyone else and, as far as I know, they aren't participating in any special program.

AZPOD Rocks

AZPOD Rocks said:
I have no idea. I just know that about 5 of my friends will be taking the computerized MCAT in August. They just signed up like anyone else and, as far as I know, they aren't participating in any special program.

AZPOD Rocks

I wonder if they are using the computers in August but the increase in test dates is no until 2007.

Dr_Feelgood said:
I wonder if they are using the computers in August but the increase in test dates is no until 2007.
I got on their website and it looks like you can register for paper or computerized. However, I did not go any further than this. I bet you can only register for paper where paper is being offered and computerized where computerized is offered. Probably no mixing and matching.

AZPOD Rocks