Could schools take away your acceptance if you do not do well in a core biology class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aiikookie

PrePod
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
got into 2 schools and i'm just finishing up my senior year of undergrad. I'm taking 6 courses, doing A and above in 5 of them and I might end up getting like a D or a C (hopefully not F) on Human Anatomy course. No where in my acceptance letters do they mention keeping up the same GPA or whatever, so I'm curious, would they take away my acceptance if I don't do well in my human anatomy course?

Members don't see this ad.

got into 2 schools and i'm just finishing up my senior year of undergrad. I'm taking 6 courses, doing A and above in 5 of them and I might end up getting like a D or a C (hopefully not F) on Human Anatomy course. No where in my acceptance letters do they mention keeping up the same GPA or whatever, so I'm curious, would they take away my acceptance if I don't do well in my human anatomy course?
Email your school directly.

Unless it was a conditional acceptance that was spelled out, I do not think they can rescind your acceptance.

Email them just in case.

I was accepted with scholarship and it was not conditional. I'm sure of it as my friend who also got accepted got a conditional offer that stated they needed to finish a pre-req before calculating their scholarship.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try to ask the prof for any extra credit opportunities or other options. It's undergrad they may have some flexibility.

Reactions: 1 user
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, they cannot rescind your acceptance. As long as you don't send your final transcripts, they'll never know. Podiatry schools don't even require you to graduate college.

Unless explicitly stated otherwise, they cannot rescind your acceptance. As long as you don't send your final transcripts, they'll never know. Podiatry schools don't even require you to graduate college.

This is also known in (some) pre med circles as a “red flag”.

The whole going to podiatry school without graduating college deal.

Reactions: 2 users
Same deal for pharm and chiro I think. Eons ago in my prehealth days, a bunch of my classmates in chemlab were pre-pharm and were acting all hot stuff because they just wanted to get their prereqs, 60h of college cred, and on to pharm school. I hope it all worked out.

I don't understand. I don't need to send them my final transcript? So far they only have my transcripts up to fall semester of 4th year. I don't need to send them my winter transcript? Is this something that is confirmed? At AZCPM they had a section where it said Still waiting on 2 prereqs which I am taking this semester. At kent which I'm committing to, there's no section that tells me to upload my final transcript or whatnot.

This is also known in (some) pre med circles as a “red flag”.

The whole going to podiatry school without graduating college deal.
I cant tell if youre trolling, but this is very common in MD programs as well. Yale, U of Chicago, Michigan, Cornell to name just a smalllllll few require 90 credit hours. My uncle actually is a surgeon (MD) who jokes saying "if I lose my medical license I wont even have an undergrad degree. Most medical schools dont actually require you to "graduate"

EDIT: let me point out its not common for them to ACCEPT you with 90 hours, since no one really tries that... but they dont require you to technically graduate from undergrad is what I am saying. Same with podiatry school, you can try, I dont know anyone who has.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't understand. I don't need to send them my final transcript? So far they only have my transcripts up to fall semester of 4th year. I don't need to send them my winter transcript? Is this something that is confirmed? At AZCPM they had a section where it said Still waiting on 2 prereqs which I am taking this semester. At kent which I'm committing to, there's no section that tells me to upload my final transcript or whatnot.
I'll walk back what I said. You'll probably need to eventually send in your transcripts. Just do it at the last second and you'll be ok. Honestly no one's going to care. I didn't even take undergrad anatomy.

Just make sure you do better in anatomy when you're in podiatry school. Getting poor grades is a very effective way to torpedo your career.

So, let's say I somehow fail this class and therefore unable to graduate this May. I can still start podiatry school this august? I have 90+ credit hours finished. Their website states the following:

"Nearly all matriculating students will have earned a Bachelor’s or advanced degree prior to matriculation; however, students may be granted admission with the required undergraduate coursework (90 semester hours or 135 quarter hours) and pre-requisites completed."

In theory, it would appear you still can start.

But seriously, do everything humanly possible to pass anatomy, because guess what you'll be taking as a P1?

I cant tell if youre trolling, but this is very common in MD programs as well. Yale, U of Chicago, Michigan, Cornell to name just a smalllllll few require 90 credit hours. My uncle actually is a surgeon (MD) who jokes saying "if I lose my medical license I wont even have an undergrad degree. Most medical schools dont actually require you to "graduate"

EDIT: let me point out its not common for them to ACCEPT you with 90 hours, since no one really tries that... but they dont require you to technically graduate from undergrad is what I am saying. Same with podiatry school, you can try, I dont know anyone who has.
Not trolling. Multiple podiatry schools WILL accept you without a bachelors, even if it’s stated otherwise on their site or bachelors is recommended/required. That is a red flag of desperation and an admission they don’t care for quality of student, just quality of co sign on them student loan dollars.

To quote the knowledgeable Wu-Tang clan - CREAM. Cash-Rules-Everything-Around-Me.

Especially now with the enrollment crisis. LOL crisis. A hilarious way to describe this disconnect between our so called leaders and what is happening on the ground level.

Source: Colleagues I personally know but won’t put on blast who were accepted without a bachelor degree to Temple / NYCPM / Barry Univ.

Kookie - Don’t worry. Your tuition dollars matter way more than a few pre reqs.

Reactions: 1 users
I was required to submit a final transcript at Temple of all courses. Not sure about other pod schools.

This is a difficult case because you definitely should not withhold info from the school if required bc later on they could use it as an excuse for anything they want. My advice is to exhaust every option you have to raise that anatomy score (ask for extra credit assignments, speak to the professor, etc) and if you still don't get the grade you were aiming for, submit the final transcript if the school requires it. Pay your deposit immediately and once you begin school it's a done deal. Good luck!

Not trolling. Multiple podiatry schools WILL accept you without a bachelors, even if it’s stated otherwise on their site or bachelors is recommended/required. That is a red flag of desperation and an admission they don’t care for quality of student, just quality of co sign on them student loan dollars.

To quote the knowledgeable Wu-Tang clan - CREAM. Cash-Rules-Everything-Around-Me.

Especially now with the enrollment crisis. LOL crisis. A hilarious way to describe this disconnect between our so called leaders and what is happening on the ground level.

Source: Colleagues I personally know but won’t put on blast who were accepted without a bachelor degree to Temple / NYCPM / Barry Univ.

Kookie - Don’t worry. Your tuition dollars matter way more than a few pre reqs.
what im saying is... MD programs do this as well how is this a red flag for podiatry? Id prob say about 1% of matriculants dont have a bachelors degree... maybe even less than 1%.

So, let's say I somehow fail this class and therefore unable to graduate this May. I can still start podiatry school this august? I have 90+ credit hours finished. Their website states the following:

"Nearly all matriculating students will have earned a Bachelor’s or advanced degree prior to matriculation; however, students may be granted admission with the required undergraduate coursework (90 semester hours or 135 quarter hours) and pre-requisites completed."

If the course is not one of the premed requirements or something stated in your conditional acceptance, you should be fine even if you fail it.
However, please do your best to pass it as I am sure you know the Pod school curriculum and the science courses headed your way. Good luck!

Will do my best. This news doesn't mean I'll ignore the course and not care since I can still start school this august, but it definitely helps as a worst-case scenario.

Its an interesting question. When I applied to school forever ago and when I looked at medical schools eons ago - there were places that listed 90 hours. That said, its one thing to complete 90 hours of school, drop out, start a job and then tell the school - this is what I have/all I have and your website does say 90 hours... and another thing to actively be engaged in coursework seeking a degree and then say "oh btw, I might not graduate but I will be ready to start with you soon". Anatomy was a required part of my coursework. Obviously the biggest red flag of all is the fact that you will be taking a harder anatomy class in the not so distant future where there is no mercy.

I have a 3.6 sGPA with a A+ in both of my physiology classes. I neglected Anatomy this semester since I figured I already got in I don't need to spend that much time on it. I feel confident in my study skills but I fear I may have neglected it too much at this point that I cannot get a good score on it. I'm somewhat shooting for a D and above right now.

I have a 3.6 sGPA with a A+ in both of my physiology classes. I neglected Anatomy this semester since I figured I already got in I don't need to spend that much time on it. I feel confident in my study skills but I fear I may have neglected it too much at this point that I cannot get a good score on it. I'm somewhat shooting for a D and above right now.

Anatomy class in undergrad is going to be way less detailed than in graduate programs. This was a mistake.

Anatomy class in undergrad is going to be way less detailed than in graduate programs. This was a mistake.
I had my lab final exam today and it went amazing. I'm positive I'll pass or even get a 70+ or above on this course. I guess scratch this post lol

Status
Not open for further replies.