What schools can I apply to? 3.73 sGPA, 513 (130/127/130/126)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZenDex

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice as to where I could conceivably be accepted. I got a 513 (130/127/130/126) with the 130s (97th percentile) being in both science sections. What score would adcom's treat this as relative to the Old MCAT as the psych section (67th percentile) is really weighing me down however my sciences and CARs are pretty strong.

I also have a 3.73 science GPA and like a 3.75 overall.
I have 4 months volunteering at a hospital full time during my gap year, shadowing experience (10+ specialties with easily over 300 hours combined), volunteering, 1 year of research, among other things.

If someone could help me better understand where I stand in terms of which schools I should concentrate my efforts on that would be very helpful! I would love to go to Emory however I'm not sure how competitive I am for them.

Members don't see this ad.

Where is your state of residence? Buy an online copy of the MSAR and target your state public schools as well as private schools that match your GPA and MCAT score (roughly equivalent to 32 to 33 on the old MCAT). Then give us a list of schools you are interested in and we can offer better advice.

Georgia. So I should continue to treat my score as a 32/33 even though I did solid in the sections the Old Mcat is based on?

I should add that I am a re-applicant!

I scored a 30 on my first MCAT attempt (10/10/10).

Last edited:
Georgia. So I should continue to treat my score as a 32/33 even though I did solid in the sections the Old Mcat is based on?

I should add that I am a re-applicant!

I scored a 30 on my first MCAT attempt (10/10/10).

They arent going to do anything funny with the scores. Either they will take the highest one overall or they will average them.