What schools give half to full scholarships?

Started by atomi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Your best bet for a scholarship if you have good stats is your state school (if you have one).

Mayo is private, has $29,000 tuition, and gives amazing scholarships to all students. If accepted, you either get a $15,000/year scholarship or a $25,000/year scholarship.

And I haven't confirmed the truth of this, but I think I read that CCLCM just went tuition-free.
 
Wash U, U Chicago, Duke and Baylor are all top schools known for giving scholarships.

I don't know the actual # that they give. Keep in mind that these are top schools, so exceptional stats may not be enough to get one of them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wash U, U Chicago, Duke and Baylor are all top schools known for giving scholarships.

I don't know the actual # that they give. Keep in mind that these are top schools, so exceptional stats may not be enough to get one of them.

Somebody might check into that Duke situation - I think O read there are full rides for URMs, but not too sure about the straight merit deals there.

I agree with the others - they sound very generous in their aid.

Some schools that do NOT sound generous: Vanderbilt, Emory, Hopkins, UCSF...most are not really very generous with aid...
 
And I haven't confirmed the truth of this, but I think I read that CCLCM just went tuition-free.
I can confirm that this is true. Every CCLCM student gets a full-tuition scholarship for all five years, starting this year. Some people also get stipends like MD/PhD students. 😎 Just realize that you need to have significant research experience to be competitive here, which is different than most med schools. Good luck to anyone applying this year!