What schools record lectures?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmm032

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am a student who prefers online classes and would like to know which vet schools record their lectures and have an attendance policy that allows students to complete their lectures outside of the classroom?

Members don't see this ad.

As far as lecture recording, most schools probably have this capability on a professor by professor basis. The attendance policy would also probably vary school by school and class by class.

At Illinois, all the lectures for our core curriculum are recorded, but electives and labs are not (in some cases, labs can't be recorded due to hands on aspect). We also do not have an overarching attendance policy. However, some classes have unannounced clicker questions or group work, depending on the year. Labs are mandatory attendance for obvious reasons, particularly 2nd and 3rd year. Electives generally base 50% of the grade on attendance.

Reactions: 2 users
I agree with @batsenecal , most vet schools should have this capability. Attendance policies can vary by professor within the vet school, so it might not be a uniform policy for every class. Gross anatomy lecture attendance was
not required at my vet school (except on quiz/test day), but other professors required attendance for their classes.

Reactions: 1 user
NC State records all lectures unless the technology fails. Occasionally a professor might "forget" to post a lecture but if enough students raise a stink about it, it will get posted.