What schools should I apply to with my stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

millee3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've already applied to a few: U of MN, WI-Madison, Med. College of Wisc and Iowa U. In addition, I've applied to 3 D.O. but I won't be expanding that.

Here are my stats:

MN Resident; typical white middle class male (born in finland...so slightly atypical :) )
cGPA: 3.75 (Trend is great. I did terrible my 1st semester..2.5..but have gotten above a 3.6 every sem since)
sGPA: 3.86

MCATS:
5/22/10 27L (PS-9, VR-7, BS-11)
7/29/10 30Q (PS-12, VR-8, BS-10)

Extracurriculars:

-Research for 2.5 years on proteins; presented at 2 conferences, and one coming up in a few weeks. Received two grants; $2000 Foundation Grant and a $500 dollar Tri Beta grant.

-Shadowed roughly ~80-90 hours; 4 days with a fam. prac; 4 days with ER and 3 days with a general surg.

-Was the treasurer for Tri Beta for 1.5 yrs; have been a active member for about 3 years.

-I have close to 2000 hrs of direct patient care experience. I work as an aide in the hospital for the float team. I see and work in almost every area in the hospital (ER, ICU, Behavior health and all the med/surg floors). I also worked 6 months at a detox facility as a chem. dependency tech.

-EMT Certified for almost 3 years.

-Received some scholarships for academic performance.

-Volunteered mainly for a program called Campus Kitchen...the last two summers. Also have done some annual/biannual events such as Raking for elderly folks and judging elementary science fairs.

That should be it...I always seem to forget something but this should be enough.

I am open to going anywhere; looking to add 3-4 more to my list.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

With a 3.75/30, you might consider researching these schools for "fit" as they all have a decent OOS matriculation rate:

UIllinois, Wayne, Buffalo, Toledo, Drexel, Temple, Vermont, VCU, Virginia Tech Carilion (new),
GWU, FIU, Tulane, NYMC, SCarolina, EVMS,
Rush, Michigan State, Oakland (new),
Commonwealth MC in Pa

Alright, thanks for the info! If anyone else has more, please respond! Thanks or if you could rank the schools listen

Members don't see this ad :)
What about any of the Chicago schools? Rosalind Franklin, Loyola, etc? And if anyone knows which Chi-town schools are better/worse than another.