Where can I apply to med school with these stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

queenbk3

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I’m applying this cycle and don’t think I can handle taking my mcat again because of difficulty balancing with school work, research and other things and don’t want to retake and do worse. I have a 507 (128/124/125/130) and a 3.9 gpa. I have strong ECs and research and clinical hours. I also think my personal statement and rec letters are pretty strong. I’m a Florida resident and a white female if that means anything. Having trouble deciding where I could get in that’s an MD program. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Moved to WAMC.

Please provide a description of your activities and a hour breakdown using the below format:

Members don't see this ad :)
Do yo have any physician shadowing hours, clinical volunteering/employment with patient contact or non clinical volunteering hours ?

Reactions: 1 user
Do yo have any physician shadowing hours, clinical volunteering/employment with patient contact or non clinical volunteering hours ?
I have all of those things. 150 shadowing, clinical ~300 with patient contact and community service I would say 300. I also have a few hundred research hours

I have all of those things. 150 shadowing, clinical ~300 with patient contact and community service I would say 300. I also have a few hundred research hours
I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Florida
Florida State
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Central Florida
NOVA MD
USF Morsani
Miami
TCU
Creighton
St. Louis
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Belmont (when it opens)
Apply in June and submit all your secondaries by July.

Reactions: 1 user