What schools should I apply to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I recently received my MCAT score back and was hoping to find help making a list of schools to apply to with my stats.

I have a 3.58 cGPA and a 3.51 sGPA, with a U shaped trend (did very poorly in my sophomore year but got a 3.96 in my first semester of senior year and a 4.0 in my second semester). My MCAT score is a 506 with the following breakdown: C/P: 127, CARS: 124 (I am hopeless), B/B: 126, P/S: 129. I am concerned about CARS since it is below a 125 - not sure what to do about that.

I am a Michigan resident and an ORM.

My goal school is MSUCOM, and I am obviously applying to mostly DO schools, but needed some help picking a couple MDs out as well.

For my extracurriculars:
Clinical Work experience (paid): 845 hours
Research: 440 hours (no publications unfortunately)
Clinical volunteering: 125 hours
Shadowing: 102 hours
Non-medical related volunteering: 325 hours

I am also concerned as I was unable to shadow a DO doctor as I planned on doing that in the summer of 2020 but Covid hit, and am hoping I can shadow sometime this summer if possible when I apply this upcoming cycle. Would this be okay to do, or is it frowned upon? I know MSUCOM does not require shadowing a DO, but I am concerned about this for other schools.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance, thanks so much!
Not shadowing the DO will not hurt, but being able to Shadow one will always help.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.