• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

What schools should I be looking into?

domani

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2008
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hello All!

I'm a third year neuroscience concentrator at a top ivy league school (don't know if it matters though :rolleyes:). I'll be applying to straight MD schools mostly in the East Coast. I've been looking into Tufts, Boston University, Albert Einstein College of Medicine. I'm not really looking into the top schools, but it'd be nice. So, my question is what schools should I consider with my stats, and should I retake the MCAT to better my chances?:

BCMP GPA: 3.95
    Overall GPA: 3.92
    MCAT (not that great): 32R
    Two Publications as co-author, one paper under review as first author
    ECs: Stand-up comedy, A Capella group, Volunteer Trips to India for the past two summer

What schools do you guys think I should consider considering my lower mcat score?

Thanks!

Rzarecta

Premed 2: Electric Bugalo
    10+ Year Member
    Oct 6, 2004
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      Hello All!

I'm a third year neuroscience concentrator at a top ivy league school (don't know if it matters though :rolleyes:). I'll be applying to straight MD schools mostly in the East Coast. I've been looking into Tufts, Boston University, Albert Einstein College of Medicine. I'm not really looking into the top schools, but it'd be nice. So, my question is what schools should I consider with my stats, and should I retake the MCAT to better my chances?:

BCMP GPA: 3.95
      Overall GPA: 3.92
      MCAT (not that great): 32R
      Two Publications as co-author, one paper under review as first author
      ECs: Stand-up comedy, A Capella group, Volunteer Trips to India for the past two summer

What schools do you guys think I should consider considering my lower mcat score?

Thanks!

If you have the money, apply to a broad range of schools that includes reaches. Yes your MCAT may not wow WashU, but your great GPA from one of those "top ivy league" schools will help you stand out. I think for your stats applying to 3-5 "reaches", 10-12 "good fits," and 3-5 safeties.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.