What schools should I be looking into?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

domani

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All!

I'm a third year neuroscience concentrator at a top ivy league school (don't know if it matters though :rolleyes:). I'll be applying to straight MD schools mostly in the East Coast. I've been looking into Tufts, Boston University, Albert Einstein College of Medicine. I'm not really looking into the top schools, but it'd be nice. So, my question is what schools should I consider with my stats, and should I retake the MCAT to better my chances?:

BCMP GPA: 3.95
Overall GPA: 3.92
MCAT (not that great): 32R
Two Publications as co-author, one paper under review as first author
ECs: Stand-up comedy, A Capella group, Volunteer Trips to India for the past two summer

What schools do you guys think I should consider considering my lower mcat score?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello All!

I'm a third year neuroscience concentrator at a top ivy league school (don't know if it matters though :rolleyes:). I'll be applying to straight MD schools mostly in the East Coast. I've been looking into Tufts, Boston University, Albert Einstein College of Medicine. I'm not really looking into the top schools, but it'd be nice. So, my question is what schools should I consider with my stats, and should I retake the MCAT to better my chances?:

BCMP GPA: 3.95
Overall GPA: 3.92
MCAT (not that great): 32R
Two Publications as co-author, one paper under review as first author
ECs: Stand-up comedy, A Capella group, Volunteer Trips to India for the past two summer

What schools do you guys think I should consider considering my lower mcat score?

Thanks!

If you have the money, apply to a broad range of schools that includes reaches. Yes your MCAT may not wow WashU, but your great GPA from one of those "top ivy league" schools will help you stand out. I think for your stats applying to 3-5 "reaches", 10-12 "good fits," and 3-5 safeties.

Oh yea the schools you listed would be in the "good fit" category.