joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hi, I am narrowing down the schools that I am going to apply.
I am a VA state resident and I just crossed out the schools that give higher preference to in-state residents except VA :)

I took many classes at Community College (NVCC) and they are
Gen bio1, gen chem 1&2, physics 1.
I took rest of the prerequisites and upper level classes at 4 year institution(GMU).

I heard that some schools don't even look at CC credits or look down and put us in a different pool.
I want to know what schools are like that.

I also want to know if you are in the same boat as I do.

Edit:
University of Pittsburgh
"The admissions committee does not consider highly those applicants who have been enrolled for more than one-third of coursework (both general and required courses) in community colleges or junior colleges. Grades of C or better are expected in prerequisite courses."

Last edited:
About the Ads

Chesnok

Waiting game has ended
10+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I took the same classes as I did at CC, so I think you're OK , just look at the CC limits the schools have ... and look at the post by doc toothache (last time I wrote doc toothpaste sorry for that , doc ;))

PDizzle

PreDents.com
Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2005
LSU, New Orleans
www.predents.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
PDizzle- what CC did you go? and where did you take biochem at?

Diablo View College(aka DVC), in Pleasant Hill, CA. All pre-req's taken there and all LOR's from instructors there. I did biochem in Berkeley when I transfered.

P.S. If you want your predents profile to work from SDN, ener your user id, not your username. :)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.