what schools to avoid with CC credits?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am narrowing down the schools that I am going to apply.
I am a VA state resident and I just crossed out the schools that give higher preference to in-state residents except VA :)

I took many classes at Community College (NVCC) and they are
Gen bio1, gen chem 1&2, physics 1.
I took rest of the prerequisites and upper level classes at 4 year institution(GMU).

I heard that some schools don't even look at CC credits or look down and put us in a different pool.
I want to know what schools are like that.

I also want to know if you are in the same boat as I do.

Edit:
University of Pittsburgh
"The admissions committee does not consider highly those applicants who have been enrolled for more than one-third of coursework (both general and required courses) in community colleges or junior colleges. Grades of C or better are expected in prerequisite courses."

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i took all my pre-reqs at CC...
tufts is the only school that does not accept CC classes

I took all my pre-reqs at a CC as well

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the same classes as I did at CC, so I think you're OK , just look at the CC limits the schools have ... and look at the post by doc toothache (last time I wrote doc toothpaste sorry for that , doc ;))

PDizzle- what CC did you go? and where did you take biochem at?

PDizzle- what CC did you go? and where did you take biochem at?

Diablo View College(aka DVC), in Pleasant Hill, CA. All pre-req's taken there and all LOR's from instructors there. I did biochem in Berkeley when I transfered.

P.S. If you want your predents profile to work from SDN, ener your user id, not your username. :)