Is it worth applying to schools that have a 60 CC hour limit if I have 78 CC hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnWickDentist

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically title, I have 78 CC hours due to financial hardships, was wondering is it even worth applying to schools that have a max 60-65 community college hour limit

Members don't see this ad.

I had 70 cc credits and applied to schools with a max allowance of 60 credits and I got interviews and acceptances, I would try calling the school’s admissions office to see what their policies are. Sometimes it’s not the amount of credits that they’re particular on, but whether or not you took your upper level classes after you transferred to a 4-year

I had 70 cc credits and applied to schools with a max allowance of 60 credits and I got interviews and acceptances, I would try calling the school’s admissions office to see what their policies are. Sometimes it’s not the amount of credits that they’re particular on, but whether or not you took your upper level classes after you transferred to a 4-year
what schools did you apply/ get accepted too?

Members don't see this ad :)
The spirit of the rule is to ensure you have upper level coursework taken with the proper rigor. If your predental education relies only on CC courses, you may not be as ready. If you have at least the same or more hours from 4Y bachelor granting institutions as CC hours, you'll probably be fine.

Reactions: 1 user