What score will make you retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigdan

SDN Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a happy applicant if I'm 26+; retake in Aug if 25 or less.

What about you?

dc

Members don't see this ad.

sacrament said:
If such a person exists, I'd like to meet them so that I can perform the murder personally.

liverotcod said:
See, now, my plan was to distract you by keeping you on SDN while my secret operatives moved in to perform the execution.

:D

Mine (27 with <9) has already got me in. But the school is the only one that interviews and accepts me. So I am going to retake it. You know. I want to legitimately start some School A vs School B thread in the pre allo forum. :idea: :thumbup:

You guys can easily find me in any mirror as long as you stand right in front of it. :smuggrin:

calcrew14 said:
You guys can easily find me in any mirror as long as you stand right in front of it. :smuggrin:

So true. Except you're probably easier on the eyes if you're a rower.

How do med schools feel about you retaking? How significant of a gain do you need to make it worthwhile?

Members don't see this ad :)
Psycho Doctor said:
How do med schools feel about you retaking? How significant of a gain do you need to make it worthwhile?

A typical answer is 3 point improvement to make it a good idea to retake.

I believe that universally if you get <26 then you need to retake if you want US-MD. If you are aiming at your state school (exclude some UC schools) then high 20s should work, assuming your application is solid elsewhere.

For you folks retaking with 30+, you are a bunch of gunners and I would appreciate you staying away from me.

shocker said:
For you folks retaking with 30+, you are a bunch of gunners and I would appreciate you staying away from me.

Ah, don't say that. Some people are probably trying to balance out a less than perfect GPA with a more attractive MCAT (I don't know anyone like that :oops: )