What SDNer would you like as a fellow student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChymeChancellor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What SDNer would you like as a fellow student in medical school?

hopeful_MD

Members don't see this ad.

hopeful_MD
DR. EUGENIC
premed_machine

The avatar from yourmom

Members don't see this ad :)

hopeful_MD
DR. EUGENIC
premed_machine
chymechancellor
xpathos

I'd like Rachael07 as a fellow student.

EternalRage
PandaBear
Dropkick Murhpy
Dr. Eugenic

They'd keep things interesting

Also:

Jackie
Anastasis
Oxeye
Severus
Moriske
Scentimint
And the whole MCAT Countdown and What Secondaries Are Out crew:thumbup:

None! I've run into people I've talked to on SDN at interviews, and I'd have to say it's really, really awkward meeting in person or whatever.

Members don't see this ad :)
njdmd
QofQuimica
Law2Doc

yea, those are good choices...some of the most helpful people here; and nice too :thumbup:

I could add a bunch of others but they don't post any more so most people probably wouldn't even recognize them anymore

None! I've run into people I've talked to on SDN at interviews, and I'd have to say it's really, really awkward meeting in person or whatever.

yea, i've really tried to keep my identity private for that very reason, and more importantly IN med school

Yeah, I can imagine that it would be weird....

How would the conversation even go anyway?

One of you starts talking about something and asking a question.

A few minutes go by.

The other starts talking and replies to that question in a helpful manner.

Another few more minutes go by.

The first person starts talking again and takes the conversation into a new direction.

45 minutes go by.

The other person takes what the first person said in the wrong way and starts verbally attacking the first person.

A few minutes go by.

They start yelling at each other.

Name-calling ensues.

The first person yells "Troll! Troll! Ban this troll!"

Then a few minutes go by.

The other person yells back "No, YOU'RE the TROLL" and then goes :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

An SDN moderator that happens to be walking by then removes them both from the interview room.

They then come back in to the interview room, wearing disguises.

The whole process repeats again.

yea, i've really tried to keep my identity private for that very reason, and more importantly IN med school

Yes, I agree. I shall never acknowledge in public the fact that I peruse SDN on occasion and will keep my identity private as well.

A few minutes go by.

The first person starts talking again and takes the conversation into a new direction.

45 minutes go by.

The other person takes what the first person said in the wrong way and starts verbally attacking the first person.

A few minutes go by.

Name-calling ensues.

The other person yells back "No, YOU'RE the TROLL" and then goes :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

An SDN moderator that happens to be walking by then removes them both from the interview room.

You are forgetting the part where MWillie comes into the coversation and asserts his dominance as alpha SDN'er.

definitely Qofquimica. Most Awesome SDNer

You mean the dominance of his alma mater. ;)
Then when he remembers he's not at a top 10 school, he'll spit on the floor while insulting the medical competence of the faculty on his way out.

EternalRage
PandaBear
Dropkick Murhpy
Dr. Eugenic

They'd keep things interesting

Also:

Jackie
Anastasis
Oxeye
Severus
Moriske
Scentimint
And the whole MCAT Countdown and What Secondaries Are Out crew:thumbup:
Dude I totally ditto this list and add MiesVanderMom, Dr.Durden, Teerawit, Arsenic, QofQuimica, Beary, TypeA, Mushy, Nikki2002, Megboo, Fe, EvoDevo, and all the other people I missed that will now send me angry PMs. :laugh:

Brett Batcheler
QofQuimica
My Dawg MattD (Very real posibility we will go to same school, although he will be ms3)
Dopaminesurge, don't judge, she's really cool once you get to know her.

There are others of course, but these people I actually talk to all the time, so I listed them.

A few minutes go by.

45 minutes go by.

A few minutes go by.

Name-calling ensues.

I saw this happen on an interview...

I was just a lurker

totaly disagree, i have been called out as who i am, or called other people out on who they were, at various times during my interviews last time. It's only akward if you make it akward.

BrettBachelor
ChymeChancellor
MedicalCorpse
DrTobiasFunke
QofQuimica
DoctorPardi
Pandabear
SouthernDoc
BKN
Leviathan
MollyMalone
CrazyCavalier
Anastasis
Sacrament
MSHHeadDoc
SoCuteMD
Hianmi
EctopicFetus
Arsenic
EvoDevo
Jackie
Severus

Beary
LADoc00 (he's such a curmudgeon that I would look like Mother Teresa by comparison)
FoughtFyr
and everyone else from the Emergency Medicine and Military Medicine forums pretty much

I saw this happen on an interview...

I was just a lurker

Right....you probably were the one yelling "TROLL, TROLL!!"

I agree it must be awkward to meet SDNers during interviews, because I think we probably have some preconceived notion of their personalities based on their posts, but many times it's very different from what we imagined.

I myself have never asked anyone at my interviews if they post on SDN and I'm not confessing anything myself. Anonymity is fine with me. :lol:

Right....you probably were the one yelling "TROLL, TROLL!!"

I agree it must be awkward to meet SDNers during interviews, because I think we probably have some preconceived notion of their personalities based on their posts, but many times it's very different from what we imagined.

I myself have never asked anyone at my interviews if they post on SDN and I'm not confessing anything myself. Anonymity is fine with me. :lol:

I want Baylor Med and Dropkick murphy as fellow students as well!

I couldn't hide my identity because I'll be showing everyone pictures of my kids :laugh: So if I ever get an interview, I'll be exposed...

I dunno Mom (you are the official mom of Pre-Allo), you might not want me around your baby... he's bound to get angered with my mad baby-cheek-squishing skillz. :oops: :cool:

It was not awkward to meet the Chancellor was it RDood?

I would know if Chyme was in my class because he'd be the one snoring.

Gotta shout out to
njbmd and doctajay
they always respond to my dumb questions.:thumbup:

as06. He/she (??) has mad common sense and good judgement.

I dunno Mom (you are the official mom of Pre-Allo), you might not want me around your baby... he's bound to get angered with my mad baby-cheek-squishing skillz. :oops: :cool:

Well, I wouldn't bring him with me to class. Maybe to happy hour if he's had a rough day at pre-school. But get a few beers in him and he'll let anyone squeeze his cheeks..

No votes for Panda?

Well, I wouldn't bring him with me to class. Maybe to happy hour if he's had a rough day at pre-school. But get a few beers in him and he'll let anyone squeeze his cheeks..

according to the pediatric journal of medine........"no baby should injest any form or alcohol".........so you are damaging your babies growth, not to mention i think its against the law!!!!!

Panda's in there somewhere. Anyway, I vote for him, so I can tell him how much more hardcore the army is compared to the marines. :laugh:

my granpa called them the "gay marines".....he was in the airforce!

ps. i love all the troops and support them!