Medical What should I do about errors with my AMCAS primary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made two mistakes within my primary:

1) Email information is incorrectly listed.
2) MME activity listed as 0 hours due to delays in calculating hours on the organization's end. Now that I think about it, it seems unwise to have added this as so. Will 0 hours as an MME raise an eyebrow or two?

Do you have any ideas about how I can go about rectifying this? For one of my secondaries in the additional comments section, I offered alternative contact information/hours, and stated: "I hope these corrections may be of use to the committee, I apologize deeply for my oversights." I think I want to add something like "I apologize deeply for my oversights and lack of professionalism. I can only hope this may not look too poorly as my application is reviewed. Thank you deeply for the opportunity to apply."

What do you think?
I was going to email each school directly as some secondary prompts do not include 'additional comments?'

I assume each school is different in how email changes are handled, though. Where the crux of my confusion is do I put it every time "additional comments" shows? I feel as if bringing light upon it somehow may make it worse than simply leaving as is or writing an email.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Thank you so much.

1) you should be able to change your contact info.

2) MME=0. in general it's a nothing burger.

Members don't see this ad.

take a lesson from this to double check everything you do.

in the future, for clinical notes and codes. Not administering a med the pt is allergic to. etc.

but for now, this really doesn't matter. don't waste the schools time with this imo

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you both. I will relax on the MME=0, or will try my best to.

But the contact information is actually the contact information for an activity, not personal (clinical volunteering, another MME). I have a letter for this activity, but regardless the little mistakes are eating me up.

Thank you so much.

Sorry to disappoint you that we won't be able to contact that person because most of us won't have the time to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.