what should I do- take MCAT again DO or go Caribbean

Started by MD driven
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MD driven

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I already applied to St. George and Ross. I have a 3.8 and an 18-8P,7B,3V. Should I withdraw my application and try taking MCAT again and going DO. Or just go to the Caribbean. Will Ross and St. George look down on me if I withdraw my application. I really appreciate your advice as this is life changing advice possibly.

thank you
 
I already applied to St. George and Ross. I have a 3.8 and an 18-8P,7B,3V. Should I withdraw my application and try taking MCAT again and going DO. Or just go to the Caribbean. Will Ross and St. George look down on me if I withdraw my application. I really appreciate your advice as this is life changing advice possibly.

thank you


You are really sweating it too much. It's your life, and niether D.O schools nor SGU and ROSS have any shortage of the applicants. Apply everywhere you think you've got a shot. Let them tell you "yes" or "no".If you get accepted, you could defer for a semester or two. All you'll do is drive yourself crazy on these forums. There is no "right" or "wrong" here. But if you get in the States go to U.S school. Nobody cares D.O or MD for the most part. You'll be a doctor. If you could be an American graduate vs International you'll save yourself a lot of trouble down the road. All this "MD vs D.O, My Carib rock is better than yours" is a silly premed talk, or some insecure ppl who want to feel good about their individual decisions, and in the process of reassuring themselves put down other ppl's decisions. If you ask me it's ideotic. Just do what you think is right...for you that is.

Best of Luck :luck: