What should I do this summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JulianCrane

The Power of Intention
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have 2 options: I can stay at school this summer and work in a lab that I just started working in or I can go back home and finish my last 2 pre-med classes (physics). What should I do? If I take physics, my junior year schedule will be less congested, but will med schools frown upon that?

Members don't see this ad.

i did it and nobody gave a damn. it make things a Hell of a lot easier and my gpa improved because of the 10 phys credits i took over the summer. i think they mostly look at the gpa and the grades in specific classes. they also look at courseload too, but not as much as we all think. bottom line, they want to see good grades. don't mess your junior year up getting B's in physics when you can get easy A's in the summer by focusing on it completely. my advice is get the grades. BUT if you can get A's in physics during junior year, then by all means..do the research

Go take the classes in summer school that you need. Caveman, I agree with you on quite a bit of stuff, I see. When it comes down to it, the adcoms care about grades. So go and kick but in the physics classes this summer and pick up your research in the fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do the physics. When faced with the same option two years ago, I opted for research...whoops. I had a terribly busy junior schedule and did not do very well in my classes.

$0.02

do both, take the classes near the lab. physics over the summer is sooo much better than taking it during the school year. and it is important to be in a lab for a long time. so do both. but i am a big advocate of doing everything at once.....