Quantcast

What should I do to improve my app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jstubbs

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi, this is a cross post from my WAMC thread in preallo. link

I mainly want to know if my clinical experience is sufficient, I've shadowed two doctors for 2-3 months total, and I can probably shadow another this semester for 2 months. I don't have any clinical volunteering however, but I'm a volunteer tutor at the local high school.

According to the sticky, I meet 2 of the 3 'excellent' requirements:

My MCAT is a 38R (took it twice, first was a 29S), and my GPA is a 3.70 cum (science is a tad lower)

I'll have 4 years of research by the time I graduate, but it's mostly chemistry (3.5 years and a summer's worth). I'll have done 2 summers and a semester of translational biology research too. I have two 2nd author publications (but they're both in chemistry journals) I also did an independent project that was I had to apply for funding for.

So I was just wondering how strong of a candidate I am for an MSTP program? There are varying opinions in pre-allo, and I felt I would get better info in this subforum.

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OP, please do not cross-post the same thread in multiple forums. You should choose the one forum that you feel is the best for that topic, and only post the thread once. I am closing this thread; any users who wish to answer the OP's questions may do so in the WAMC forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.