What should I do to improve my QR score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nemosupremo

Reaction score
Hey guys, I take my DAT July 5th and have been using DAT bootcamp a bunch to prepare for this QR section (practice problems and practice tests). However, throughout my first 4 practice tests I'm averaging 18-21s on each section except QR. I can't get anything above a 17 (15,17,16,17) on this particular section. Is BC's QR more difficult than the actual DATs? Any advice on how to prepare even better would be appreciated, thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

There's a QR youtube playlist composed of 70 videos by the group that created the DAT Destroyer. I found it very helpful in understanding how to solve commonly tested questions. Here's the link:

I took notes from each video and explicitly wrote detailed solutions so that it was much easier for me to recall how to go about a problem during practice tests.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't speak for BC, but I swear by the Math Destroyer. I had a ton of questions on my DAT that seemed to come right out of that Destroyer. If you can do the 12 practice tests in that book, the actual DAT will be a cakewalk.

I can't speak for BC, but I swear by the Math Destroyer. I had a ton of questions on my DAT that seemed to come right out of that Destroyer. If you can do the 12 practice tests in that book, the actual DAT will be a cakewalk.
How about the QR problems in destroyer?

Members don't see this ad :)
How about the QR problems in destroyer?

The general Destroyer QR problems are very good, but I saw them more as a warm-up for the Math Destroyer. Still representative, but the Math Destroyer is a mirror image of the DAT.

@VeNGe The Math Destoryer has very similar problems to the actual QR on the DAT. Some of the questions are much harder to help you prepare, but I would never think about going into the exam without that book.

Math destroyer was pretty solid in my estimation. If you feel that you are still struggling, I would advise you to review the fundamentals of mathematics via Khan Academy, etc. and all the other free resources to solidify your foundation in the basics first. Then, proceed to more difficult material. With that said, I really only used math destroyer and found it sufficient.

Math destroyer was pretty solid in my estimation. If you feel that you are still struggling, I would advise you to review the fundamentals of mathematics via Khan Academy, etc. and all the other free resources to solidify your foundation in the basics first. Then, proceed to more difficult material. With that said, I really only used math destroyer and found it sufficient.

Very much agreed. Highly advise supplementing the Math Destroyer with the free YouTube playlist as well, which covers many of the questions both in the book and on the DAT. It was a lifesaver for me!

Last edited: