What should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MiST3R Derek

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, after taking the PCAT on Thursday I still don't know how to feel about my score. Overall, my composite is where it needs to be, but my scores are ALL over the place.

VA 406/58
Bio 430/89
RC 392/36 😕
QA 407/61 🙁
CHM 455/98

Comp 82

The reading comp REALLY caught be off guard. There were multiple 8 paragraph passages and the others left me wondering what the hell I read. This really discouraged me and also impacted my QA score-- by the time I got to QA, my brain was fried. As far as VA, vocab has never been my forte, so I highly doubt I would get a better score if i retook it.

So, with all of that being said, should I retake it in September? I have a 3.59 from a reputable university and have over 5 years of tech experience in multiple environments.
 
No you don't need to retake it. The school cares lot more about your biology and chemistry score. I suggest you go ahead fill out your application. PCAT is just a way to get you an interview, and with that score I don't see why you wouldn't.
 
So, after taking the PCAT on Thursday I still don't know how to feel about my score. Overall, my composite is where it needs to be, but my scores are ALL over the place.

VA 406/58
Bio 430/89
RC 392/36 😕
QA 407/61 🙁
CHM 455/98

Comp 82

The reading comp REALLY caught be off guard. There were multiple 8 paragraph passages and the others left me wondering what the hell I read. This really discouraged me and also impacted my QA score-- by the time I got to QA, my brain was fried. As far as VA, vocab has never been my forte, so I highly doubt I would get a better score if i retook it.

So, with all of that being said, should I retake it in September? I have a 3.59 from a reputable university and have over 5 years of tech experience in multiple environments.
if you don't mind me asking, do you have any study tips for the PCAT? I'm taking it in 4 weeks and even though this isn't my first time i'm freaking out more than ever.