What should I do ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tatixoxo11

Reaction score
Hello ! I am in my final year of undergrad and I plan on applying next cycle.
My gpa is 3.49 regular gpa and 3.5 science.
I am urm ( first-gen hispanic)
I plan on taking my mcat in January.
I have pretty good ec. 200+ clinical hours rn. Plan on working this entire school year to get more clinical hours and during my gap year.

Any advice ? Is an smp worth it ?

Btw: my first choice is UF. Because it’s my home state and tuition seems pretty ok.

Members don't see this ad.

Without an MCAT it is impossible to comment intelligently. If you get a 520 you are in great shape. If you get a 505 you may well struggle. Therefore, I believe it is premature to pursue an SMP at this time.

Reactions: 1 user
Post your MCAT score here when available and we can give more realistic advice. You should accumulate 50 hours of in person physician shadowing (including primary care). Are you fluent in Spanish ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Post your MCAT score here when available and we can give more realistic advice. You should accumulate 50 hours of in person physician shadowing (including primary care). Are you fluent in Spanish ?
Yes I only speak Spanish with my parents at home and I currently have 75+ shadowing hours

Yes I only speak Spanish with my parents at home and I currently have 75+ shadowing hours
You have enough shadowing. What do you have in nonclinical volunteering? Fill in the grid and then when you get your MCAT score come back to this thread and post it. People will be happy to help you. Good luck on your test.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user