What should i do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deem1221

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to take the MCAT the spring of my junior year, but to do so i have to either take Bio 1, Chem 2, and Physics 1 at the same time or i have to take one of them over the summer. The thing is that i want to work over the summer each year...what should i do?

Members don't see this ad.

take a class while working over the summer...i took two summer classes last summer-->biochem and developmental psychology, as well as a 40hr work week..its definitley possible

I don't really understand your question. What year are you now? I'm not sure what's covered in each of those classes, but it's likely that they're all needed for the MCAT. Whether you can fit them in during the school year or need to take one or more in the summer depends on how much time you have.

Members don't see this ad :)
doing physics over the summer is teh way to go. Unless you hate math/trig, this is definitelyl more painless than slogging slowly through the material during the year. It's possible to work and do this, I did it a coupla summers ago.

Relax and take the classes when you get a chance, then take a year off before applying to med school. It'll make you a much stronger candidate and you'll be much more prepared for your MCAT and applying to school. Don't rush life, there's no need.