what should i do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

splashpea

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So I took the MCAT April 16th, and I get my score within 11 days...I'm really really nervous about it just like anybody else. I worked my ass off for the last four months. I studied 8-10 hours a day, I took 14 practice exams, and I was enrolled in Kaplan. My practice scores on the AAMC ranged from a 26-31. I wasn't sure how I was going to do on the APril MCAT, and I wanted to play it safe. Therefore, I signed up for the MCAT on May 31st. I now have 26 days until I take it (again) unless I end up doing 30+ on the April one. This may sound like a stupid idea, but I didn't want to risk not having a spot at the end of April. ANd I also didn't want to be late for applications.

I'm just worried that I'll have to take it again. I've been reviewing a little bit every day (only an hour or so) just to make sure I haven't forgotten anything. If I do have to take it again, do you guys think I'll be ready by May 31st?

I'm also going to start studying more (like 3-4 hrs/day) and doing more practice material. Everytime I start studying though, I feel so unmotivated because I have worked SO SO SO SO hard during the past 4 months...sigh.

Do you guys think 26 days is enough for my situation? I know it sounds stupid to keep studying w/o knowing my score but I really didn't want to push it back till june or july because then apps would be late and so on...

Members don't see this ad.

Well that's kind of hard to answer. Where were your weaknesses? If your weakness was Bio, then 26 days should be enough to learn the material to a greater depth. If your problem was phys/chem, it is still very possible but much harder to relearn in 26 days. However, if your problem is the VR section, then forget about it! Unless your practice exams had high marks for the VR section and you were just unlucky with the VR provided to you for the actual test, 26 days will not raise your score. You need a long time to improve your verbal skills if you have been consistently scoring low.

Besides. Be more positive. You probably got a 30+. Just wait and see.

Sounds like you're doing enough for now, I mean, you probably won't even have to retake. So kudos for being so prepared, and good luck.

you shouldn't study just because you don't know how you did.

do what I do: study because you don't have a girlfriend