ramtin

7+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2009
Status
Hi
I am a Grad student in Mechanical Eng
I alwayes intended to apply to a MD/PhD program, I know that MCAT is required.What should I do with biology?
Where should I start to study that?
What steps should I make to reach my goal?

Thanks

Last edited:

RxnMan

Who, me? A doctor?
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2006
Somewhere in time and relative dimensions in space
Status
Medical Student
Hi
I am Grad student doing a dual major in Mechanical Eng and Manufacturing Eng master.
I am intended to prepare myself for applying to MD/PhD programs,I know that MCAT is required.What should I do with biology?
Where should I start to study that?
What steps should I make to reach my goal?

thanks
Any run of the mill Bio I and II course will get you what you need for the MCAT and for med school. If you need help planning your application, feel free to look at the Re-App FAQ (link in my sig) or throughout the many threads in the Pre-Allo, and Non-Trad forums.

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2002
the beach
Status
Attending Physician
Wait, first off, where is the op from? English does not appear to be their first language. Did they do undergrad in the states? Are they a US citizen or permanent resident? If none of these are true and they are not fluent in English (which based on the writing seems likely), then med school seems extremely unlikely.

RxnMan

Who, me? A doctor?
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2006
Somewhere in time and relative dimensions in space
Status
Medical Student
Wait, first off, where is the op from? English does not appear to be their first language. Did they do undergrad in the states? Are they a US citizen or permanent resident? If none of these are true and they are not fluent in English (which based on the writing seems likely), then med school seems extremely unlikely.
You're right. I saw that the OP might be ESL, but the last time I asked an OP about it, they did the intertube equivalent of a shouting tantrum.

Now I don't assume and just give advice. :shrug: