What should I review for Organic Chem 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjg713

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking Organic Chemistry 2 in the Spring (my last pre-req). I took 1 in Fall of 2012. I have the Organic Chemistry as a 2nd Language books for the 1st and 2nd semester, what should I have a solid foundation in before Ochem 2? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Remember Everything u learned in o chem 1 !! U will use it again like stereochemistry , acids n bases, all the reagents and different types of reactions . Hydroboration, grinard etc!!

I am taking Organic Chemistry 2 in the Spring (my last pre-req). I took 1 in Fall of 2012. I have the Organic Chemistry as a 2nd Language books for the 1st and 2nd semester, what should I have a solid foundation in before Ochem 2? thanks.
Second language helped me tremendously.

Remember Everything u learned in o chem 1 !!
+1, mastering the concepts in ochem I made ochem II so much easier. Other than that, I made a road map of sorts for all the reactions we were expected to know and whited out reagents on one, products on another, and reactants on a third. From there, it was simple repetition. Luckily my professor disclosed which mechanisms she would test heavily so we wouldn't waste our time studying something that wouldn't be tested.

So, if I have both books would it be a better idea to start reading the second one or should I go over the first one?

So, if I have both books would it be a better idea to start reading the second one or should I go over the first one?
start reading the second one, and go over concepts from the first semester that you are not familiar with. Just do lots of practice problems on pen and paper, repetitive is the key to remember.

Reactions: 1 user