What snacks are you guys going with?

Started by unumsolum
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

unumsolum

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been going with a packet of peanuts and an egg salad sandwich for the snacks, with a solid breakfast beforehand and a cup of chai. It's been working pretty solid. What are you guys doing?

This can also be a thread about the nitty gritty logistics. Sleep, clothing, etc.
 
I brought an "adult" lunchable with meat/cheese and olives, kettle cooked potato chips, and a healthier version of Reese's cups. I also made sure I added an electrolyte packet to my water that morning so I could sip on that during breaks, and a had a mini bottle of Advil. I preemptively took 2 of those in the morning and 2 more during lunch to stave off any headaches, and used re-wetting eye drops during the exam to help with eye strain.
My test center was a comfortable temp, but I wore a long-sleeved tshirt and comfy sweats so I didn't feel restricted by clothes at all. Couldn't give you any advice on sleep, because I barely scraped together 3 hours the night before, but I took 200mg of L-theanine with my morning coffee and it seemed to keep me awake & focused without the jitters.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bring lots of small options. During my test, I really didn't have an appetite for anything. It took a lot to get in water/energy drinks, but having a variety of small things made it easier to cram in some calories despite not wanting to eat.
 
I brought a turkey sandwich and Goldfish crackers. I was thinking easy protein with the sandwich, but ended up just eating the Goldfish because I don’t have much of an appetite to eat when I am stressed. I would bring some protein and something motivating but not too sugary like Goldfish/pretzels/Chex mix.