What software is used for MRI?

Started by neeley
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

neeley

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I am in a Master's of Bioengineering at Rice University, and I am recently getting involved with some radiology software development. Specifically, it will be analyzing images of heart MRI to predict rupture of the aortic wall.

What I want to know from the SDN is if there are any SMALL software companies with presence in radiology, or if all software used comes from GE, Phillips, Siemens, etc.

Similarly, do radiologists have any decision power on purchasing software, running analyses. Or must everything come from the equipment manufacturer?

Thank you for your help,

Shane