What Step 1 score do i need to get a FM position in LA or NYC?

Started by alisepeep
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alisepeep

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I currently go to school in NY, but am from the West Coast and want to go back for residency. I dont care if my residency program is in a big hospital or not, i would settle for a tiny community hospital. So what score do i need to have a reasonable shot of getting into a residency program in NYC or LA?
 
I currently go to school in NY, but am from the West Coast and want to go back for residency. I dont care if my residency program is in a big hospital or not, i would settle for a tiny community hospital. So what score do i need to have a reasonable shot of getting into a residency program in NYC or LA?

I think any score >/= 225 would be a good goal for step 1. Attending.
 
Dude, people are literally streaming out of NY and CA. What makes you think you'd have any more difficulty matching there than anywhere else?