what subspecialty will protect against job loss?

Started by kaycee18
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kaycee18

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IMG/FMG will now be able to practice in multiple states without residency. This means that hospitalist job is no longer secured. What subspecialty can I do to help protect future job? My residency was extended by 3 months. USMLE scores in the 220s. US medical graduate. I am introverted and don't have connections or even skills to get connection to match into the competitive 4 specialties. How can I match into a good specialty with good income prospect? Will appreciate any advice.
 
I don't think major hospital systems in major cities are going to be hiring non boarded, non residency trained FMG physicians to staff their hospitals.
It'll mainly be a consideration in very small cities in poorly populated areas.
Further it'll likely be predominately outpatient primary care staffing