Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

what the heck?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by athena21, Aug 17, 2002.

1. athena21

athena21 Senior Member

what the heck? i spent so long studying for bio/orgo and we get:

No endocrine system
    No circulatory system
    No pressure
    No homeostatis
    No menstrual cycle
    No SN1/SN2
    No oxygen dissociation curve

sigh...studied and knew all the wrong things...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrScottie33

DrScottie33 Junior Member

I couldn't agree more. I had form CT. Out of the six or so bio sections there were two passages that stressed the immune system. I felt like I knew a wide range of material quite well, yet the MCAT somehow managed to focus on such a small scope of the required topics. Very frustrating. Like you said, no hormones, no excretory, only one nervous system question (sympathetic vs. parasym), no embryology, little respiratory/circulatory, little digestive, etc, etc, etc. It seems unfair to cover such a narrow range of material.

4. lady bug

Yeah, I was pretty mad about no endocrine system. :mad: I knew that pretty well. There was some stupid Rpf protein combining w/ brain tumors crap on my bio section. :mad: :mad: :mad: