1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

what the heck?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by athena21, Aug 17, 2002.

1. athena21

athena21 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

what the heck? i spent so long studying for bio/orgo and we get:

No endocrine system
    No circulatory system
    No pressure
    No homeostatis
    No menstrual cycle
    No SN1/SN2
    No oxygen dissociation curve

sigh...studied and knew all the wrong things...

2. DrScottie33

DrScottie33 Junior Member

I couldn't agree more. I had form CT. Out of the six or so bio sections there were two passages that stressed the immune system. I felt like I knew a wide range of material quite well, yet the MCAT somehow managed to focus on such a small scope of the required topics. Very frustrating. Like you said, no hormones, no excretory, only one nervous system question (sympathetic vs. parasym), no embryology, little respiratory/circulatory, little digestive, etc, etc, etc. It seems unfair to cover such a narrow range of material.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lady bug

7+ Year Member

Yeah, I was pretty mad about no endocrine system. :mad: I knew that pretty well. There was some stupid Rpf protein combining w/ brain tumors crap on my bio section. :mad: :mad: :mad: