What the hell is taking UCI so long???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Playa21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if UCI administrators are working at all, or what the hell they are doing in their offices (sorry, tired of waiting)?

Members don't see this ad.

for realz, wut da heck are they doin down at irvine...not like they got anything goin on down there

I don't know what the admistrators are actually doing in their offices (nail polishing, gossiping, who knows! But, if you mean whether UCI still reviews appls and sends out interview invites, then, "yes". I got my secondary in mid November (I was ready to trash it away..cuz it came so damn late, but I decided to put all the blame on AMCAS) I submitted it in late January and received an invite in late Feb. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
no, i mean post-interview wait. i interviewed on jan 10th. i had a friend who interviewed in early december and just heard. does it really take 4 weeks to invite someone to interview after secondaries, but 3 months to accept after interview? How come it only takes 2 months ask me for an interview (eliminating "4,500" applicants who will not interview), and takes 3 months (or more) to choose 1/2 of "500" interviewees. I dont get it.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Playa21:
•no, i mean post-interview wait. i interviewed on jan 10th. i had a friend who interviewed in early december and just heard. does it really take 4 weeks to invite someone to interview after secondaries, but 3 months to accept after interview? How come it only takes 2 months ask me for an interview (eliminating "4,500" applicants who will not interview), and takes 3 months (or more) to choose 1/2 of "500" interviewees. I dont get it.•••••if it takes more than 8 weeks, then chances are your placed on a waitlist...if u call them up they will tell you your status....both me and couple of my friends didn't hear after 3 months, we called them, and they said we were placed on a waitlist...on the other hand, if they send u somehing in 4 weeks, chances are its an acceptance....so you could have been waitlisted at this point....