What things to brush up on the last few days before an exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arc5005

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Overall I'm pretty bummed about my overall scores on the AAMC practice tests & SB. I've studied hard the past 8 months while working full-time (like many other have also done), but I know I just lack some of the math skills required to do well on some of the physics and chem related questions, especially without being provided an equation to work with. I also tend to fumble when provided numerous amounts of data, and get confused on which equation I should use and what it is truly asking for in the question. Biochem has also been a weak spot, since I have not had a formal course, and definitely saw that reflected in my section bank scores.

So, I've done the question banks, section bank stuff, AAMC practice tests, and I am just studying anki cards and thinking about maybe doing KA passages, but I still feel like I could use some recommendations for any equations or concepts or things I should really focus in on on these last few days before the MCAT.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I took the AAMX practice tests in this order and these were my scores:

FL 1 - 503 (127/124/127/125) <- no CARs or KA psych practice before.

FL 2 - 505 (127/129/126/123)

Sample - 513 (128/128/127/130) <- after studying the KA psych notes.

FL 3 - 508 (127/125/127/129) --> First time I ran out of time on the CARs, and had to basically guess for the last 6 questions with barely any chance to read the actual passages.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Section bank - non-timed, but closed book:
C/P - 63%
B/B - 58%
P/S - 65%

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I definitely feel that Physics equations, Biochem, Metabolism questions tend to be my weak points.

I'm wondering what other people have done or recommend to do in the last 5-7 days leading up to your exam? My exam is coming up this Saturday! Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Memorize the following:
- amino acids and nucleic acids
- physics formulas
- psych/soci vocab

and do some practice questions.