What third year grades do you need to match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluechipper

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At my school, it is about 15% honors, 35% high pass, and 50% pass, with 6 core clerkships. What would be considered good enough? My step 1 was 250.

Members don't see this ad.

Yea I understand but I'm just wondering maybe what people who matched to lower level radonc programs may have received in terms of grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
Like stephew said, your clinical grades must be taken in the context of your entire application. Unless an application committee sees your whole ERAS application, it's not really accurate for us to rate your chances based on one or two parameters.

From what you've posted though, you will likely have a good shot.

Yea I understand but I'm just wondering maybe what people who matched to lower level radonc programs may have received in terms of grades.

really cant answer that question. I dont think anyone can in good faith. Did you do very well overall but get one fail? Grades just average straight across the board? Was it one bad comment? what were the circumstances... etc etc.

I don't think there is any cutoff for grades below which somewone would not be considered "good enough." If the pattern of your grades/comments is very different from your board score, it might raise question marks (at least it would for me if I were reading an application).