-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
what time for registration?
Started by mikeyworm
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is anyone else out there still waiting around? I finally rebooted and got to the barbershop page about half an hour ago, but haven't advanced past that yet. This is really ticking me off because I had been on there since 8:30 CDT this morning, yet people who got on 3 hours later have already been through and logged off.
Is anyone else out there still waiting around? I finally rebooted and got to the barbershop page about half an hour ago, but haven't advanced past that yet. This is really ticking me off because I had been on there since 8:30 CDT this morning, yet people who got on 3 hours later have already been through and logged off.
i have been trying since 7CST.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i finally got in! i waited all night using firefox and was stuck at the waiting page...but then 10 min ago i decided to use another computer and open up internet explorer, hoping that it would work and it actually did! only took 10min to get in...i dont know what was up with the firefox window i had opened originally...so if you guys are stuck try using another computer and opening internet explorer, maybe it'll work for you guys too...good luck everyone!🙂
brown eyess- how long did it check for seats for you?????
Hey Mikey,
It took less than 1 minute. It told me that the registration I wanted to submit was already full so I chose the next closest one as fast as I could. Make sure you type in only a 5 digit zip code...my computer automatically typed in the 4 digits after the 5 digit zip code which through the system off for a little bit. Good luck!
P
princey0gi
registered!!!🙂 started at 1030 est...now 250pm est haha...i found IE to be more responsive to the website than firefox...just open up like 4-5tabs in IE and you'll get it. good luck to all!
buckeye girl...that happened to me so many times..2x at the checkout page/select location...very aggravating.
buckeye girl...that happened to me so many times..2x at the checkout page/select location...very aggravating.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Funny that people are having more luck with IE.
Went on the website to register at around 915AM, opened two more windows at around 945, read on forums that people are having more luck when they reboot computer so I tried that at around 1030, still no luck. At 1130 I started to use the laptop to login as well (3 windows on the laptop, 4 windows open on the desktop) --
Noon -- Was finally able to login (all my Firefox windows all went to the login screen, my IE window was open long before those were open).
Good luck everyone. :]
Went on the website to register at around 915AM, opened two more windows at around 945, read on forums that people are having more luck when they reboot computer so I tried that at around 1030, still no luck. At 1130 I started to use the laptop to login as well (3 windows on the laptop, 4 windows open on the desktop) --
Noon -- Was finally able to login (all my Firefox windows all went to the login screen, my IE window was open long before those were open).
Good luck everyone. :]
HELP!!!!!!!!! IVE BEEN DOING THIS SINCE 7 AM EASTERN TIME ITS NOW 330!!! OMG IM GOING OUT OF MY MIND
I have ten pages open, restarted my cmputer two hours agao, mozilla and internet explorer....any tips???? I am reaady to choke somoene nowwwwww
any ideas are really welcome
this is so not fair
plus i stayed up till 3 am last night waiting to register then
I have ten pages open, restarted my cmputer two hours agao, mozilla and internet explorer....any tips???? I am reaady to choke somoene nowwwwww
any ideas are really welcome
this is so not fair
plus i stayed up till 3 am last night waiting to register then
R
ryouland
I finally logged in and found the test time and date I wanted... confirmed it and paid and then carefully reviewed that it was the right date/time that I wanted... great... I'm finally done with this bull ****.
then I get my confirmation email with a different date and time on it.... I can't even believe it...
then I get my confirmation email with a different date and time on it.... I can't even believe it...
Well, I finally got through too. It wasn't on my window that had been open forever, so if you're still waiting, just open a few of them like people have said. Once you get in, make sure that you go until you get the page where you can print out your confirmation, otherwise it may not have gone through. I had to enter my credit card stuff 3 times before it worked. Good luck to all that are still waiting.
P.S. At $210 a pop, you would think we could get a little better customer service than this, wouldn't you?
P.S. At $210 a pop, you would think we could get a little better customer service than this, wouldn't you?
here are my suggestions:
1. don't bother with mozilla
2. keep multiple windows and tabs open (3 tabs p/window...5 windows is what i did)
3. if you put in your credit card page and a little screen that says "processing your payment" does not come up immediately after you click submit, wait for the next "MCAT CBT" window to appear... hopefully you're seat will be saved, but you're payment did not go through. i had to put my credit card info in 5 times (twice in IE thrice in mozilla) until it finally went through. within the next 2 minutes i received an email confirmation.
i called the cust. service # and a really nice lady reported my issues to ensure my credit card would not get charged multiple times.
at no time did i exit all my screens--they were the same windows i had open since 830am EST.
good luck!!
1. don't bother with mozilla
2. keep multiple windows and tabs open (3 tabs p/window...5 windows is what i did)
3. if you put in your credit card page and a little screen that says "processing your payment" does not come up immediately after you click submit, wait for the next "MCAT CBT" window to appear... hopefully you're seat will be saved, but you're payment did not go through. i had to put my credit card info in 5 times (twice in IE thrice in mozilla) until it finally went through. within the next 2 minutes i received an email confirmation.
i called the cust. service # and a really nice lady reported my issues to ensure my credit card would not get charged multiple times.
at no time did i exit all my screens--they were the same windows i had open since 830am EST.
good luck!!
R
ryouland
I agree, use IE... this is the only time I'll ever reccommend IE...
Good luck to everyone, if you're pissed off about waiting all day -- don't worry there are plenty of other people doing the same thing... and some of them probably don't use SDN 😱... there's a scary thought.
Good luck to everyone, if you're pissed off about waiting all day -- don't worry there are plenty of other people doing the same thing... and some of them probably don't use SDN 😱... there's a scary thought.
I still see people having trouble logging in..? With only 2 days available for January, seats are filling up fast. Here's one suggestion: If at this point you still haven't registered then you should probably make other arrangements fast, like getting in touch with someone who has actually registered and asking them to sign up a seat for you. It's either that or sign up for April.
how long should it take to reserve a seat???? more than one minute and now getting nervous.
can anyone tell me how long it took to reserve a seat. please!!! i need to know whether or not to restart the process
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long did it take for you guys to search for seats at a particular location? This stupid clock has been going for like five minutes now saying "Checking for available seats"!!!
Logging-in could very well be dependent on your location. I'm in the Bay Area and it took me, well, let's see now.... 164 tries? Somewhere around that.
Anyway, depending on whether or not there's high internet traffic going in and out of a particular geographic location, and whether or not all systems are operational for that route, then logging-in could be as easy as pie or hard as hell. Again, my suggestion is if you're still struggling to log on at this time then you might consider making arrangements with a friend to sign you up. It's either that or face the possibility of having an undesired appointment date/location (e.g. April MCAT somewhere in Timbuktu).
Anyway, depending on whether or not there's high internet traffic going in and out of a particular geographic location, and whether or not all systems are operational for that route, then logging-in could be as easy as pie or hard as hell. Again, my suggestion is if you're still struggling to log on at this time then you might consider making arrangements with a friend to sign you up. It's either that or face the possibility of having an undesired appointment date/location (e.g. April MCAT somewhere in Timbuktu).
How long did it take for you guys to search for seats at a particular location? This stupid clock has been going for like five minutes now saying "Checking for available seats"!!!
you're screwed. start over. it should only take 15 seconds. sorry, but this happened to me too at least twice. the only time i made it father it froze at the reserving seat screen.
Back to the waiting screen. It froze at the reserving seats section. Un-f-ing believable!!!! 😡
I'm in the Midwest (the real Midwest...not IL or OH) and it took me longer than a lot of other people to get through, so I'd guess that it's just purely random and not geographically dependent.Logging-in could very well be dependent on your location. I'm in the Bay Area and it took me, well, let's see now.... 164 tries? Somewhere around that.
Anyway, depending on whether or not there's high internet traffic going in and out of a particular geographic location, and whether or not all systems are operational for that route, then logging-in could be as easy as pie or hard as hell. Again, my suggestion is if you're still struggling to log on at this time then you might consider making arrangements with a friend to sign you up. It's either that or face the possibility of having an undesired appointment date/location (e.g. April MCAT somewhere in Timbuktu).
This thing is messed up.....I've been waiting on the barbershop screen all day. This is messed up.
I spoke to a "customer service rep" at AAMC and she says there will be no accomodations made for these problems. So we're all on our own despite the fact that it is completley not our fault. I think this is rediculous. I am fuming right now.
I'm in the Midwest (the real Midwest...not IL or OH) and it took me longer than a lot of other people to get through, so I'd guess that it's just purely random and not geographically dependent.
In a sense my suggestion is like carpooling. The internet is like a road with a specified capacity for carrying traffic. Imagine yourself sitting all by yourself in a car trying to get to a toll booth, with a million others doing the same thing. What happens? The road gets jammed and no one gets to go anywhere. But, if even two people start sharing a ride then traffic would speed up by at least double: there would only be 500,000 cars on the road now as opposed to a million. With three people sharing a ride traffic speeds up even more.
Maybe I should skip wanting to be a doctor and open a NEW service like AAMC, where it is cheaper and BETTER! No waiting, no crap, and awesome customer service....like a REAL business.
I hate you AAMC and I hate you barber shop page.
I hate you AAMC and I hate you barber shop page.
so, I was finally able to go to the registration page since trying (unsuccessfully) from 9 this morning. Now, when I click onto the testing site, and they check for availability and give the good news that "a seat is available at this site", they slam you right back after like 5 mins of that spike wheel that determines your luck, saying "sorry the seat you wanted to reserve is no longer available."
Is this some sort of AAMC having "fun" at the cost of our misery? In that case, it's pretty sordid.
Is this some sort of AAMC having "fun" at the cost of our misery? In that case, it's pretty sordid.
Who has gotten registered from Canda? When I try to search for test site by state or country, it sends me back to the waiting screen... has that happened to any Canadians out there?
I've gotten my seat already (around 1:30 pm EST) and I'm Canadian- from Montreal area. Not sure how that helps you but I didn't have any trouble once I got through to the "select test date" page. only trouble i had was getting there.
I was able to log in and then the testing/availability was not active. It pushed me back to the barber shop again.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We apologize for the inconvenience we are down for maintenance.
If you have questions please call the MCAT Help Desk at (202) 828-0690.
Same Here! Arrrghh......I even got to the reserving your seat barbershop and then it just said "we're sorry, someone else got your seat".
This is seriously ridiculous!!!! I'm so pissed!!! All this waiting and now they're down for maintenance!!!!!! WTF!!!!
This is seriously ridiculous!!!! I'm so pissed!!! All this waiting and now they're down...
They're down all right, down the street for more donuts!

Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 589