What to bring on the day of?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nickh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I'm just wondering what to bring on the day of? Food/drink-wise. So during the 15 minute break, what kinda food does a good job of filling you up while not making you sleepy after?:p Also, is drinking coffee a good idea during the break? Also, before exam, it is a good idea to get a big meal to last you majority of the test, or just enough to last you 'till the break?

Please share your good/bad experience!:D

Members don't see this ad.

I took a granola bar for my break and thought it was the perfect amount. I had a relatively small breakfast before the exam (probably due to nerves).

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

So I'm just wondering what to bring on the day of? Food/drink-wise. So during the 15 minute break, what kinda food does a good job of filling you up while not making you sleepy after?:p Also, is drinking coffee a good idea during the break? Also, before exam, it is a good idea to get a big meal to last you majority of the test, or just enough to last you 'till the break?

Please share your good/bad experience!:D

From talking to students through the years I have head all sorts of crazy stories and mishaps. The best advice I can give is not to eat anything, take any medication or do anything differently than your normal routine before test day. If you normally eat big meals and that works for you than by all means do that, but if that is not your normal pattern it might not be a good idea. Eating a power bar or something lite during the break might work and again if you are a coffee drinker and that works for you, then drink away. But I caution my students do not change your normal routine before or during test day.

Hope that helps..

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think I will be able to eat anything before the exam or during the break. Or even after the exam if I don't do well lol

Honestly, play it safe and eat what you have been snacking on. I would eat something with a lot of protein and some fat.

Careful with caffeine, it can have you almost peeing yourself by the end of the PAT section.

Reactions: 1 user