1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

What to bring to an interview?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by BunBun, Apr 1, 2002.

1. BunBun

BunBun Junior Member

I just have a real quick question from those of you who have already went on some interviews. Did you bring anything with you such as a copy of your amcas app. or anything by that nature. I have a interview in a week (I know, kind of a late interview but at least I got one) and I was just wondering if I should bring anything with me. Thanks for you help!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. vkrn

vkrn Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi--congrats on the interview!

In the beginning of the season, when I was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, I would bring an interview folder (one of those black leatherette folders that hold a pen and notepad), my resume, and an article I worked on.

Then I noticed that all my interviewers would always have my documents in front of them. And I noticed that all the other interviewees, like me, would start leaving their folders in the waiting room, because it became a pain to carry around.

So I ended the interview season carrying nothing. If I feld insecure, I'd bring the article I worked on. Nothing more.

4. ncmd

ncmd Member
    7+ Year Member

Congrats on your interview! Personally I didn't bring anything into the interview besides a small purse to hold my car keys. I did print out a copy of my application to whatever school it was, but that was for me. I kept it folded up inside the purse and just looked it over once again before the interview to refresh my memory. Some people bring leatherbound cases to take notes, but I don't think you need a copy of your transcript- none of my interviewers asked for it. Good Luck!

5. souljah1

souljah1 Attending
    10+ Year Member

Just bring eager eyes, a wide smile, a firm handshake, and eloquently thought out answers..leave all the accessories home. if I only get to spend an hour talking with my interviewers I don't want any of that time devoted to reading what is inside my nifty attache. I think going in empty handed has an aura of confidence about it. Just my 2cents.

6. UCMonkey

UCMonkey Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

As far as documents go, some schools are asking you to bring copies of transcripts this year due to the AMCAS debacle. Unless they indicate this in the invite letter though, don't worry about it. Otherwise, a copy of your AMCAS and secondary app for you might be a good idea so you can refresh your memory of what you wrote. Some sort of pad and definitely a pen could be helpful too.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

7. Dr. L

Dr. L Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Some schools ask you to bring photographs with you. Otherwise, I only cary my purse, stocked full with essentials. Make sure you bring an ID and the interview letter. Sometimes security asks to see both, plus that way you know exactly where you are supposed to be and why. Also, bring along a pen. Good luck!