what to bring to interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ironhill

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
copy of primary and secondary apps? notepad? ami missing anything? atmy last interview, one guy had a folderfrom his undergrad. a girl had a little purse. another guy had nothing...another girl had a huge purse... left me a little confused.

notgettingin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just bring a leather padfolio with a notebook and a pen. Oh and mosts schools want you to bring a picture of yourself with your name and AMCAS ID # on the back.

crimsonkid85

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i didn't bring my primary or secondary app...i brought my laptop with me, though, which does contain those files. on the actual interview day, i just had photos, publications, pen, and a cell phone.

eekonomics

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
copy of primary and secondary apps? notepad? ami missing anything? atmy last interview, one guy had a folderfrom his undergrad. a girl had a little purse. another guy had nothing...another girl had a huge purse... left me a little confused.

Yeah I just had a leather portfolio with day-specific instructions (like how to readh the admissions office).

xcel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I brought myself.

I started with bringing my apps and a notepad, etc., but then I realized I didn't really need it. Maybe having those things makes some people feel at ease. I don't see any problem with bringing a leather portfolio along or nothing at all. It's up to you. Whatever makes you comfortable.

mr burrito

SOCMOB
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
having some water in interviews was way more valuable than anything else

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bring a pen. Anything more is a prop.