1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

What to bring when you visit a local med school first time?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by LUCPM, May 6, 2007.

1. LUCPM

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Sorry if this has been answered previosly. I am planning on visiting one of the local med schools this month and was wondering if I should bring anything, such as my CV ortranscript, etc.

Also another dumb question, how should I dress?

Thanks in advance!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cheesegirl

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Are you meeting with someone? I doubt that any admissions committee is going to see you before they have your app, except to answer questions about applying. When I visited a med school before applying, I just walked around and tried to get the feel of it, so I knew if spending my money was worth it for the application.

4. Inuranic

5+ Year Member

It depends on what you mean by "visit".

I went to UVM to spend they day with a student there, dressed decent (not casual, not fancy) and brought nothing with me.

I went to Dartmouth for a program they have there for NH residents, got a little more dressed (but not interview-suit style) and still brought nothing with me.

I doubt you would find anyone willing to look at CVs/transcripts. Just bring questions and an open mind.