What to buy/bring to PA program...

Started by Stayce
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Stayce

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am trying to be optimistic and assume that I will be accepted this year into a PA program. Since I do not have a money tree growing in my back yard, I have decided to start making purchases ahead of time to spread the expenses over a longer time period.

I am wondering if anyone has suggestions or lists of what they took to their program or wish they would have. Some of the common things I assume would be scrubs, a PDA, stethescope, and comfy shoes/surg clogs. Oh, and LOTS OF CAFFINATED PRODUCTS!!

Any other suggestions?
Thank you for your time and assistance!!!
 
Good luck getting in. I hope all goes well. First, slow down a bit. I understand about the money issue, but they will give you a list of things to buy, and many times it is available on campus and applied to your student loan. But, you will probably need a steth, oto/ophthamascope, scrubs, caliper, surg board, and alot of stupid little things! I would , however, avoid a pda untill rotations and even then KEEP THE DAMN THING IN YOUR POCKET. --you will understand when you get there!
good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am only applying to PA schools, and recently was just accepted to one! The post in the Allo forum was simply because I thought maybe they had some good suggestions. I am very familiar wiht the differences between the professions and schooling, but am also aware that alot of the materials are covered in both as well as alot of the same learning/medical supplies. I just figured someone may have a suggestion there as well. I apologize for the confusion. Have a great day!