what to do after accepted...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optstudent575

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at my first choice of school and got accepted. I didn't even schedule yet an interview for my second school but I received an invitation to interview. Am I suppose to call up and let them know I will not be interviewing and that I want to withdraw my application?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should let the school know you won't be interviewing, whether by phone or email. This way they can move down the applicant list and offer an interview to someone who might be waiting anxiously for an invitation. This is only if you're completely sure you have absolutely no interest in the other school, though—interview days can be really surprising, I remember liking some schools quite a lot more than I thought I would.

I interviewed at my first choice of school and got accepted. I didn't even schedule yet an interview for my second school but I received an invitation to interview. Am I suppose to call up and let them know I will not be interviewing and that I want to withdraw my application?

What school did you get into and when did you interview if you dont mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh ok just wondering because I interviewed 2 weeks ago too with Western but they still havent notified me yet.
well every schools different but i know suny said 7-10 days. i know u prob dont want to sound pushy but maybe u can call n just ask how long th process usually takes so u dont sit around going crazy....which ull probably do anyway:)

Yes! Exactly you must inform them that you wont be able to join as you are getting a very good oportunity. They will get your point of focus, and may happen that they will guide you regarding your future. . In this way you are able to earn a reputation too.... All the vry best!:thumbup:

Oh ok just wondering because I interviewed 2 weeks ago too with Western but they still havent notified me yet.

Call them. I got accepted into SCCO the week before so I had to find out ASAP if I got into Western. Somehow I got the letter the same day too, but calling them won't hurt. I was sweetly pushy. They can't tell if you got in or not over the phone, but you can tell if you got in or not by the tone of their voice if they look at your records.