What to do before starting school?

Started by kle0008
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kle0008

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have applied this cycle, and I am already nervous about PT school. Granted, I haven't been accepted anywhere yet, but I am hoping I will be. Does anyone have an advice for anything to do before starting the first year? I will only be taking one (possibly two) course in the spring, so I will have extra free time. Would it be beneficial to refresh on things like anatomy, and other things such as this? Thanks.
 
If I get in I am quitting my job, cashing in my retirement, and going to Myrtle Beach to shack up with friends of mine for a good two months. Have fun and rest your brain🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Things to do before starting school: the list is endless.

Everyone has their own timelines before school starts but I highly advise against reviewing anything. I am currently a 1st year DPT student and with our current anatomy class you will be picking up material very fast so I would think that a review would not be as effective.

Take your time off. Enjoy yourself because once school starts your free time will unfortunately be reduced quite a bit.
 
Travel! 🙂 That's what I'm going to do.

I agree with everyone else. Trying to get a head start on studying is a pointless idea. This is you last bit of freedom for the next three years, so enjoy it!
 
I talked to a girl whose sister goes to Elon, which starts in January. She worked on a dude ranch out west for a season before starting. As for me, I'm going to sleep. Because judging from how little I get in undergrad, grad school's going to be a lot worse. 😛

Also, why would you study during what's probably the last (long) break of your life?