1. We will be performing maintenance on the SDN forums on Friday, December 9 at 5:00 AM Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do before starting school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by kle0008, 09.21.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. kle0008

kle0008

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I have applied this cycle, and I am already nervous about PT school. Granted, I haven't been accepted anywhere yet, but I am hoping I will be. Does anyone have an advice for anything to do before starting the first year? I will only be taking one (possibly two) course in the spring, so I will have extra free time. Would it be beneficial to refresh on things like anatomy, and other things such as this? Thanks.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. pubicsymphysis

pubicsymphysis 2+ Year Member

Pre-Physical Therapy
    play

jessicaz likes this.
  4. SwampPT

SwampPT

If I get in I am quitting my job, cashing in my retirement, and going to Myrtle Beach to shack up with friends of mine for a good two months. Have fun and rest your brain:)

5. 1027453812

1027453812 ToxicWaterr 2+ Year Member

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    Things to do before starting school: the list is endless.

Everyone has their own timelines before school starts but I highly advise against reviewing anything. I am currently a 1st year DPT student and with our current anatomy class you will be picking up material very fast so I would think that a review would not be as effective.

Take your time off. Enjoy yourself because once school starts your free time will unfortunately be reduced quite a bit.

6. Watson27

Watson27

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Travel! :) That's what I'm going to do.

I agree with everyone else. Trying to get a head start on studying is a pointless idea. This is you last bit of freedom for the next three years, so enjoy it!

7. southernswimmer

southernswimmer 2+ Year Member

Physical Therapy Student
    I talked to a girl whose sister goes to Elon, which starts in January. She worked on a dude ranch out west for a season before starting. As for me, I'm going to sleep. Because judging from how little I get in undergrad, grad school's going to be a lot worse. :p

Also, why would you study during what's probably the last (long) break of your life?

About the ads