What to do before starting school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kle0008

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have applied this cycle, and I am already nervous about PT school. Granted, I haven't been accepted anywhere yet, but I am hoping I will be. Does anyone have an advice for anything to do before starting the first year? I will only be taking one (possibly two) course in the spring, so I will have extra free time. Would it be beneficial to refresh on things like anatomy, and other things such as this? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If I get in I am quitting my job, cashing in my retirement, and going to Myrtle Beach to shack up with friends of mine for a good two months. Have fun and rest your brain:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Things to do before starting school: the list is endless.

Everyone has their own timelines before school starts but I highly advise against reviewing anything. I am currently a 1st year DPT student and with our current anatomy class you will be picking up material very fast so I would think that a review would not be as effective.

Take your time off. Enjoy yourself because once school starts your free time will unfortunately be reduced quite a bit.

Travel! :) That's what I'm going to do.

I agree with everyone else. Trying to get a head start on studying is a pointless idea. This is you last bit of freedom for the next three years, so enjoy it!

I talked to a girl whose sister goes to Elon, which starts in January. She worked on a dude ranch out west for a season before starting. As for me, I'm going to sleep. Because judging from how little I get in undergrad, grad school's going to be a lot worse. :p

Also, why would you study during what's probably the last (long) break of your life?