SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

what to do during the summer??

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by cj12345, Mar 26, 2000.

1. cj12345

cj12345 New Member

Mar 25, 2000
    winston salem, nc, usa
    what's the best thing to do during the summer between 1st and 2nd year to remain competitive among other medical students? i know it's kind of late to start planning, but if you've got some ideas, i'd love to hear about them!!

thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. avi newman

avi newman Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 29, 1999
    new york, new york
    between my first and second years I volunteered at a trauma center in Mexico City...the words busy, learning, rewarding can't begin to describe the experience...the doctors in the trauma center were first rate...mexico city has a whole gamut of things to see and do, many of which I saw and did...as for remaining competitive, I'd rather remain useful...best wishes...avi

------------------
    avi newman

4. Matt Norman

Matt Norman Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Auburndale
    Hey, this topic interests me as well.I am an RN and thought I might work during the summer. I was told by one of the doctors I work with that I should try and do research. I would really prefer to work. One to help offset some of the expenses and also to keep up my clinical skills and my patient interaction. I apriciate any thoughts on this subject

Matt

------------------
    Love God, Hate Sin