What to do If you're not getting Prelims/TY invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PremedSurvivor

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've applied to 20 Prelim/TY programs and was advised that you should have 7-8 interview invites by November 1st.

I have a couple, but nowhere near that number and it's nearly the end of October. I'm very concerned about having to SOAP/scramble for prelims. Any advice on how to handle this??
 
I was in a similar situation, I had only a handful of prelim interviews at this time in the cycle. I emailed the prelim programs affiliated with the programs I already had advanced program interviews at. I was able to get a couple of prelim interviews this way, and some programs lined them up with my speciality interviews.